Cloudflare Pro fixed price 20usd/ month regardless of DDOS?

Hello,

I would like to know if it is possible to get a fixed price when upgrading to Cloudflare Pro, regardless of DDOS proctection.

Can I set DDOS protection to never exceed the use, and thus never be charged for extra charges?

Sincerely,

Josep Maria

Cloudflare’s DDoS protection is unmetered. You don’t pay when Cloudflare mitigates attacks. However, Cloudflare Spectrum for Minecraft and SSH costs $1/GB of “good traffic”.

Are you referring to DDoS protection for Minecraft/SSH or for your website?

@albert thanks for your answer.

I would like to limit the cost of using Cloudflare PRO to 20USD per month.

I worry that DDOS protection for SSH (5GB monthly data allowance $1/GB overage fees) plus DDOS protection for minecraft (5GB monthly data allowance $1/GB overage fees) could lead me to have unexpected fees.

Is there anyway I can disable these features (or limit them to max 5GB per month) so that my cost per month of Cloudflare PRO does not exceed 20USD per month?

Thanks in advance for your time and answer.

Sincerely,

Josep Maria

Cloudflare Spectrum (referred to as “DDoS protection for SSH/Minecraft”) is an add-on product available to Pro, Business and Enterprise customers. You will not be billed for Cloudflare Spectrum unless you actively enable it.

My understanding is that you are only looking to protect your website - not an SSH or Minecraft server. Is that correct? If yes, then you do not have to worry about Cloudflare Spectrum.

@albert many thanks for your prompt reply.

You understanding is correct, I only want to protect my website and speed it up using Cloudflare PRO.

Thus, I understand I can simply disabled add-on features “DDoS protection for SSH/Minecraft”, so I am not billed for them.

If my understanding is correct, I would be greatful if you could kindly confirm, so I can close the ticket.

Once again, many thanks for your time and valuable answers. I appreciate your fast reply.

Sincerely,

Josep Maria

Actually, this feature is disabled by default and you do not have to take any action. Cloudflare will show a prompt and require you to agree if you try to enable Cloudflare Spectrum, so you don’t have to worry about accidentally enabling it.

2 Likes

@albert many thanks for your support. Have a nice day weekend!

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 3 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.