Cloudflare plugin 3.3.2 is not compatible with PHP7.2

Cloudflare plugin 3.3.2 is not compatible with PHP7.2 is it being upgraded soon?

I take it you are referring to https://wordpress.org/plugins/Cloudflare/

Can you share what exactly is incompatible?

Hi Sandro,

Please reply to [email protected]

I ran the WP Engine’s plugin PHP compatibility test driver which shows two warnings and two errors that will compromise my website’s functionality when a WPEngine upgrade to PHP7.2 takes place in a just a few weeks time. The output provides details, file and line numbers and the actual incompatibility. Here they are:

FILE: /nas/content/live/angusm/wp-content/plugins/Cloudflare/vendor/Cloudflare/Cloudflare-plugin-backend/src/SecurityUtil.php

You should post a snippet of the lines which are deemed incompatible.

FOUND 2 ERRORS AFFECTING 1 LINE

16 | ERROR | Extension ‘mcrypt’ is deprecated since PHP 7.1 and removed since PHP 7.2; Use openssl (preferred) or pecl/mcrypt once available instead

16 | ERROR | Function mcrypt_create_iv() is deprecated since PHP 7.1 and removed since PHP 7.2; Use random_bytes() or OpenSSL instead

FILE: /nas/content/live/angusm/wp-content/plugins/Cloudflare/vendor/symfony/yaml/Parser.php

FOUND 0 ERRORS AND 1 WARNING AFFECTING 1 LINE

76 | WARNING | INI directive ‘mbstring.func_overload’ is deprecated since PHP 7.2

FILE: /nas/content/live/angusm/wp-content/plugins/Cloudflare/vendor/symfony/yaml/Inline.php

FOUND 0 ERRORS AND 1 WARNING AFFECTING 1 LINE

55 | WARNING | INI directive ‘mbstring.func_overload’ is deprecated since PHP 7.2

>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

Thank you Sandro

These are no issues

Sandro,

TY. I’ll let you’all know when I test it live with PHP7.2 in the next day or two! Angus

1 Like

I have upgraded to PHP7.2 and the testsite is still working with the Cloudflare App… Hoping anew version will so be available that does not have the warnings, TY
Angus

1 Like

Well, these warnings are because these plugins are not all too smart in their static analysis. The way the code is right now provides actually a better compatibility with current and previous versions.