Cloudflare pages.dev unsupported SSL error in BT wifi

I have a cloudflare page with the url:
https://blooket1.pages.dev . when I first created it - it worked absolutely fine in my wifi originally (I use BT) but a couple of weeks later it randomly started saying:

This site can’t provide a secure connection
blooket1.pages.dev uses an unsupported protocol.
ERR_SSL_VERSION_OR_CIPHER_MISMATCH
Unsupported protocol
The client and server don’t support a common SSL protocol version or cipher suite.
And most other people I knew that also used BT also seemed to have a similar error when accessing my page.

I have looked everywhere and lots of answers seem to be either

• pause Cloudflare or
  • edit the ssl preferences -
    but these can’t be done with a Cloudflare page.

When I use a proxy or VPN it seems to get rid of the error.

Here’s a screenshot:

thanks!

Hi there,

One thing that comes to mind is that the browser is trying to use TLS 1.0 or 1.1, but that can’t be it since it was working before.

I tested your address from multiple locations, and it’s working flawlessly, so the issue seems to be that BT Wifi you’re referring to.
Likely the operator has blocked the address resolution with DNS hijacking which results in certificate issues due to the redirected website not having the correct certificate.

Since this seems to be working correctly from everywhere else (I checked), the only remaining option is to contact BT and have them solve the issue at their end.

Note: If this issue is caused by DNS hijacking on their end, you’ll likely be able to overcome it by simply setting your equipment DNS to Cloudflare’s 1.1.1.1, Google’s 8.8.8.8 or OpenDNS’s 208.67.222.222 or installing Cloudflare WARP. I’m not stating that this is a permanent solution, but while you figure this out with the ISP, it can be used as a workaround.

Take care.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 15 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.