Cloudflare Origin Server SSL Setup Issue

Hello everyone! I apologize in advance if this has already been covered at some point. I’m currently in the process of setting up a NGINX server on a VPS running Ubuntu Server 20.04; Nginx installed fine. My next step was to set up the domain name that I will be using with this server, all done.

The issue I am having now is when I try to restart Nginx I get the following error:

nginx: [emerg] cannot load certificate key “/etc/nginx/ssl/key/projectmisfit.info.key”: BIO_new_file() failed (SSL: error:02001002:system library:fopen:No such file or directory:fopen(’/etc/nginx/ssl/key/projectmisfit.info.key’,‘r’) error:2006D080:BIO routines:BIO_new_file:no such file)’

I definitely know the file is there, and to be sure, I deleted the key file and created another. Am I not saving the key correctly? I created two files:

The .pem file containing the cert info and a .key file containing the key information.

Cloudflare can provide origin certs, but if you need to troubleshoot your NGINX configuration, serverfault.com and stackoverflow.com are the place to look.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 24 hours after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.