CloudFlare Origin DNS Error 1016 on my website

bug

My website is https://www.andreso.cf and this error message shows up in the website since 4 hours, Origin DNS Error 1016.

The error message says:

Error 1016Ray ID: 495a03826c0bc88d • 2019-01-07 22:55:48 UTC

"Origin DNS error

What happened?

You’ve requested a page on a website (www.andreso.cf) that is on the Cloudflare network. Cloudflare is currently unable to resolve your requested domain (www.andreso.cf).

What can I do?

If you are a visitor of this website:
Please try again in a few minutes.

If you are the owner of this website:
Check your DNS settings. If you are using a CNAME origin record, make sure it is valid and resolvable

The thing is, that my hosting service is InfinityFree (which uses servers from Byethost apparently) and the DNS, CNAME and that is placed by the hosting automatically. Also i didn’t touched anything, this just happened and i wanna know how to resolve it, i asked for help on my Hosting’s forum and they say that is a CloudFlare servers thing, so, you can help me?

https://community.cloudflare.com/search?q=1016

The thing is that i never changed any CNAME or DNS configuration, i use Cloudflare since almost a year and it worked flawlessly, so why now it shows me this?

Could it be that the IP address of the target host of your CNAME has changed to a Cloudflare IP address?

You seem to be signed up via a partner and a CNAME setup. It might be best to contact them as they should know what might have changed and what to do.

I already asked for help on the support forum, they say that isn’t about my hosting, but about Cloudflare.

Well, they presumably signed you up for Cloudflare so they should provide support for it and know how to do it.

This are my CNAME registries at my hosting’s Control Panel, if you see something wrong (and yes, they signed me up)

www.andreso.cf. www.andreso.cf.cdn.cloudflare.net.
andreso.cf. andreso.cf.cdn.cloudflare.net.
cloudflare-resolve-to.andreso.cf. cloudflarearecord.andreso.cf.

As far as I can tell that should be aforementioned partner setup and hence they should be able to tell what is going on.

Your site does seem to load however

Maybe it depends, because some people says that my site has the error and some others says that it loads.

I will clean cache, close and reopen the navigator and if still, i’ll need to contact my hosting’s Admin via the forum (i have the free plan, so the support is only on the forum and there i asked for help and one user there replied me what i said he replied me)

I cleaned cache, erased cookies, closed browser and everything, but it’s going with the same Origin DNS Error 1016. If you have something more that could help me, tell it, or if not, i’m going straight to contact my hosting’s Admin

Die whatever the rewason is the domain doesn’t resolve properly. You should go with your hosting provider first imho and check if there are known isssues. I am not sure If you can create a ticket here in your own or If your provider has to contact CF support.

Hi, actually i’m not the only one facing this problem, 2 other people also told that the same happens to them, but everything to everyone seems to be okay in my hosting service

Also, one person replied me this on the thread that i made on the Support forum of my hosting about being impossible to do nothing about DNS because my hosting is partner.

“Hi,
This is because you used the Cloudflare Control Panel Integration. If you use the control panel integration then you don’t have full access to the DNS and InfinityFree will manage the DNS and not you.”

Your nameservers are pointing to epizy so yes, you must be on a CNAME setup. Your website loads OK for me, but when I do a DNS lookup on the domain, the epizy nameservers do not respond…

I think this is the only way, your host will know best how the setup works.

I think that the only way will probably to contact them…

Or, alternatively, change to a nameserver setup within Cloudflare rather than signing up through your host and we may be able to help more.

Hi, i’m Andreso via another account. I disabled Cloudflare in my hosting’s control panel and the site now works, so i registered a new account for this time registering my site but without my hosting DNS, but when i put my site in Add Site, it says “Failed to lookup registrar and hosting information of andreso.cf at this time. Please contact Cloudflare Support or try again later. (Code: 1110)”.

Hi @Andres0 the 1110 means we could not verify, you may need support to assist, in particular if the domain is registered via a European registrar. Please give support the error text and screen shot if you can

@cloonan Excuse me if i’m being ignorant, but where i can give that to support? my hosting’s support or Cloudflare’s support?

Cloudflare

But i mean, where i can find the contact? where is the contact Email or something?

Might be hard to find, but you can login to Cloudflare and then contact Cloudflare Support.

Thanks! i’ve submitted the support ticket