Cloudflare Origin Certificate – An error has occurred, but don't worry, we're on it!

Hi guys,

Our website is not loading, coming up with “Error 526 Ray ID: 5323a2ad8cf2e9b7 • 2019-11-08 01:04:53 UTC Invalid SSL certificate”, and showing as “Host Error”.

When I log in to Cloudflare and go to “SSL/TLS” > “Origin Certificates” it shows “An error has occurred, but don’t worry, we’re on it!”.

Our website (which is in live development environment) has been down for weeks.

Any ideas?

Thanks,

Luke

PS. FYI, we have the Origin Certificate installed on our web hosting server.

First, try to Create a new certificate. You can have more than one. But see if you can get a new one, then install it on your server. This might work (or yours is just really broken).

Second, I suggest you open a Support Ticket and see what they say. Especially if the above doesn’t work.
Login to Cloudflare and then contact Cloudflare Support by clicking on the Get More Help button.

Thanks for the reply @sdayman.

The “Create Certificate” button under “Origin Certificates” was not showing. It was displaying the above “An error has occurred, but don’t worry, we’re on it!” error message in red text in it’s place.

That said, I changed the SSL/TLS encryption mode from “Full (strict)” to “Full”, which has allowed the website to load.

Although not ideal not being able to load via “Full (strict)”.

Now when I go back in, the “Create Certificate” button is there (and the error message no longer showing), so I can try what you suggest in creating a new certificate. Will look to try that later, and fingers crossed will work in “Full (strict)” mode.

1 Like