Cloudflare not working - ongoing failures in setup

I have setup two websites on cloudflare in the last few days and both have not worked.

Website #1: On adding to cloudflare using default settings and activating proxy the website would not load with a ERR_SSL_VERSION_OR_CIPHER_MISMATCH - Activated “Development Mode” and turned off Proxy and the website started working again fine (Using origin server IP)

Website #2: On adding to cloudflare using default settings and activating proxy the website would not load with a ERR_TOO_MANY_REDIRECTS - Activated “Development Mode” and turned off Proxy and the website started working again fine (Using origin server IP)

Two websites working fine - stopped working when cloudflare activated and then started working when cloudflare was bypassed… That’s 100% failure rate - is cloudflare having problems?

Doesn’t seem that way:

What are the URLs you’re having trouble with?

1. odysseyfinancial.com.au
  2. reliancewm.com.au

#1 looks like it will work on Cloudflare, but it appears to be using Flexible SSL mode, so the server is redirecting to HTTPS. Check the TLS/SSL Edge Certificates setting and make sure both sites are set to Full (Strict)

#2 Redirects to www, so the apex hostname you posted probably isn’t the canonical URL for your site.

Speaking of redirects, have you added any Page Rules or Redirect Rules?

I’ve added nothing. I created new domain - followed cloudflare setup steps. Updated name servers provided by cloudflare - sites went down.