Cloudflare not responding to copyright infringement?

Has Cloudflare change how they respond to copyright infringement notices submitted to https://abuse.cloudflare.com? November 3rd was the day we received the “normal” from Cloudflare which was always titled “Cloudflare has responded to your copyright infringement complaint” and would contain the hosting providers contact information for the offending site.

We have been attempting to contact Cloudflare for over a week now and have yet to receive anything other than an auto reply.

Hi @user9776,

I’m afraid the community cannot assist with abuse related issues and the only way to report them is through the abuse form and following up with the Trust & Safety team by replying to their email.

2 Likes

Ok I posted this earlier but it was closed without getting an answer. To be CLEAR I’m not asking for help with an “abuse” issue, I’m asking if there has been a policy change and if anyone else is seeing the same thing we are.

To the person that close the question every attempt has been made to contact the Trust & Safety team. For whatever reason we are not getting a reply from any of the available contacts other than an auto reply. Posting here is due to Cloudflare not providing a means to address critical issues.

Has Cloudflare change how they respond to copyright infringement notices submitted to https://abuse.cloudflare.com? November 3rd was the day we received the “normal” from Cloudflare which was always titled “Cloudflare has responded to your copyright infringement complaint” and would contain the hosting providers contact information for the offending site.

We have been attempting to contact Cloudflare for over a week now and have yet to receive anything other than an auto reply.

I did read your question and provide an answer. The community has no insight into how the abuse process works or how the Trust & Safety team deals with issues and cannot help with your questions. This is why the topic was closed.

1 Like

Their Abuse page describes their policies, and that’s the only official stance you’ll get.

You (or your attorney) sent them a certified, registered letter?

1 Like

until 11/03/2021 whenever we would submit an abuse report using https://abuse.cloudflare.com/ with in 24 to 48 hours at most we would receive a reply from Cloudflare with the hosting providers contact information. now all we receive is a generic auto reply. this makes it impossible to contact the hosting provider which is an absolute necessity when dealing with a website that has no means of contacting them directly.

All we are trying to do is find out why we are no longer getting hosting provider information. We have not been able to find anything posted by Cloudflare about a change in procedures or any response to request for clarification.

Most likely, it’s because Trust and Safety doesn’t feel it meets the criteria to divulge that information to you. It’s always been this way.

2 Likes

A high number of reports might delay your response time! Just know that once you receive that auto-reply message that the report has been submitted and will be reviewed shortly! As mentioned by @domjh the community can’t help you in these kinds of cases!

Appreciate the replies. We have been working with Cloudflare for many years and this is the first time that we have not been able to contact someone and get a reply in a reasonable time frame. This is not about not meeting criteria. This is out of character for them.

I find it to be the opposite. Not to knock T&S, because they have an immense workload, but they aren’t the most responsive bunch. People most often just get an acknowledgement of the request with a polite “We’ll look into it” and that’s it. They’ll either do something about it, or they won’t, depending on the legal view of the matter.

The only change that has occurred was the addition of a tracking code for your report.

I suspect the reason for not getting the details you expected was identified by @sdayman

With abuse reports, you will receive a confirmation email with the confirmation code in the Subject. While the Trust and Safety team will review the details of your report, that may be the only reply you receive.

1 Like

The only way we would not meet the criteria is if Cloudflare changed the criteria without informing us that it changed the requirements to receive the hosting providers information. The online abuse form has not changed and we are filling it out the same way we have for years. The issue still remains that we are not able to get any reply for clarification or any response at all other than auto replies.

This topic was automatically closed 15 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.