Cloudflare not providing any DNS

Hi guys,

I’ve moved my domeinnamen to Cloudflare, pointed the nameservers to Cloudflare and waited 36H. After 5 minutes the error was: couldn’t find a IP-adres, after 36H waiting it was to long for the company. So I changed it back, after 5 minutes the website worked again.

The site did pass the verification of changing the nameservers but it did not provide dns.

What is going om?

Greetings,

Thank you for asking.

May I ask you to share your domain name so we could check too? :thinking:

If you recently changed your domain nameservers, have you checked if the DNSSEC was disabled and any DS records removed at your domain registrar before domain nameservers were changed? :thinking:

Furthermore, may I ask have you tried using a different Web browser, or tried clearing your Web browser cache?
How about using a Private window (Incognito mode) or a VPN connection if possible?
Was it the same behaviour on your mobile phone (4G LTE, mobile data, cellular)?

The DNS scan did not find any DNS records or you got that error shown in your Web browser? :thinking:

Hi,

Thank you for the quick reply, didn’t expect it so fast.

We have 2 domains on which this is happening. Lets take this one for the thread: verenigingsbokaal.nl
When I do a ping it says: ping: cannot resolve verenigingsbokaal.nl: Unknown host
Safari: Safari cant open the page because the server can’t be found(2 different computers)

DNSSEC is turned off at Cloudflare, but there is DNSSEC information at the registered: pcextreme.nl

The nameservers were changed more than 3 days ago, so it should have been updated global.

Thank you for your input in advance.

Jeroen

I’ve experienced this before. Did you turn off “Bot Fight Mode” on the Firewall configuration?

DNSSEC is enabled at your Registrar, and has the wrong DS records:

verenigingsbokaal.nl | DNSViz

pcextreme.nl is not using Cloudflare nameservers.
pcextreme.nl | DNSViz

This topic was automatically closed 15 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.