Cloudflare not picking up changes in NS records (4 days later)

I’m trying to migrate a website to my server and part of the process is running its DNS records from Cloudflare. Something odd is happening that has never happened to me before:

• The NS records were successfully pointed to my Cloudflare NS specifications (I confirmed this to be true using an online DNS checker 4 days ago)
  • Cloudflare is still picking up that the NS records haven’t changed
  • Modifications to the A records (on my Cloudflare account for this domain) are not being picked up, i.e. the DNS records are still being taken from the old NS location.
  • The old NS location isn’t the same domain as the domain being pointed
  • There doesn’t seem to be any evident DNSSEC setup for it either from what I cans see.

One other interesting thing to point out is that when I added the domain it didn’t automatically collect the existing DNS records for it like it usually does (I had to scan them using other tools and manually add all of them myself), perhaps there is a clue here.

Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated

What is the domain you are having issues with?

1 Like

Thanks for the fast reply! There are 2 actually: botero.co.za and noeby.co.za

whois noeby.co.za
Domain Name: noeby.co.za
Registry Domain ID: dom_2XSB0–1
Registrar WHOIS Server:

Name Server: ns2.host-h.net
Name Server: ns1.dns-h.com
Name Server: ns1.host-h.net
Name Server: ns2.dns-h.com
DNSSEC: unsigned

whois botero.co.za
Domain Name: botero.co.za

Name Server: ns2.host-h.net
Name Server: ns1.dns-h.com
Name Server: ns1.host-h.net
Name Server: ns2.dns-h.com

You need to change the nameservers at the registrar, which appears to be “xneelo”.
Right now, you’ve changed the nameservers at the current DNS Host, to point to Cloudflare, which isn’t the same as changing them at your registrar. When you change them to at your registrar, the Top level Domain (co.za) Nameservers will respond with them (and the whois will be updated).

It looks like xneelo allows this but requires you to contact their customer support (which makes them pretty weird/not a good standalone registrar): https://xneelo.co.za/help-centre/domains/update-name-servers/

3 Likes

Thank you so much Chaika! This helps a lot. The confusion is finally settled into clarity.

2 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 3 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.