Cloudflare nameserver change

I am using Cloudflare’s nameservers and I am with Bluehost. The domain name is in the process of being transferred from the old host to Bluehost. In a few days, the domain name will be registered with Bluehost. However, yesterday, I decided to switch hosts from away from Bluehost to another host (due to ongoing resources issues and website underperformance). My nameservers are with Cloudflare’s free plan. I have been told that I need to change the nameservers to the new host’s nameservers and I need to do it on Cloudflare’s dashboard. Sadly, I don’t know where on Cloudflare’s dashboard I need to do this. Any advice? Thanks.

If your domain is registered with Cloudflare Registrar, you can’t change the nameservers. You would need to transfer the domain to another registrar to do so. It’s not usually necessary to do this though, your host normally would allow you to point A/AAAA/CNAME records from your Cloudflare DNS to the host.

If your domain is with another registrar and just using Cloudflare’s nameservers, you can change the nameservers at your registrar.

1 Like

Hi. Okay great. Thank you for your answer. I very much appreciate it.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 2 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.