CloudFlare looping

My Cloudflare account is spinning out of control. Basically, when I go to Speed > Overview I’m getting ‘We’re measuring your website…’ This has been looping for about 24 hours now. I’m also getting an error at the bottom of the page ‘Could not get AMP Real URL configuration (Code: 10019)’. I don’t use AMP.
There’s no button to stop this. I have no idea what CloudFlare is doing and whether it’s constantly sending requests to my site…
Any ideas on how to stop this?
Thanks!

1 Like

That does not refer to IF you use AMP or not, it refers to, that CloudFlare (internally) could not successfully get the value of your AMP settings.

In the past a lot of such errors happened while internal maintainance or upgrades and has been solved often when Logging out, clearing Browser Cache and logging back in.

I would recommend trying this, even if I can not promiss it helps.

Thanks @M4rt1n I logged out and clear the browser cache as suggested, however, it did not work. The Speed > Overview is still looping.

While I can’t see the AMP error right now, the We’re measuring your website… is still looping.

I see this aswell, it loops about 30s for me, then it finishes and shows the result. If your site is big maybe it takes longer.

Can you tell us for how long it already is cycling/looping from now on? (after the fresh log in)

It’s been about 15 minutes now and it’s still looping :frowning: My site is not big at all.

That sounds like a bug. I will try to tag some CloudFlare Staffs, they will internally be able to resolve that issue:

@TKlein @Chris_M

1 Like

Thank you so much @M4rt1n

I was able to see a new speed test complete in about one minute on my end. Are you still experiencing this? I would suggest starting with the suggestions on Community Tip - Fixing "The Speed test could not run" but please submit a ticket if you continue to experience the issue.

2 Likes

Thanks @Chris_M I’ve already submitted a ticket approx 48 hours ago but I haven’t heard back from the CloudFlare team. I’m still experiencing the issue. The test keeps on looping and never stops.

Can you post the ticket # here so it’s easy to track down?

Ticket #2162704

2 Likes

Ok, so it finally stopped and now it says:

'The Speed test could not run. Your site returned a status 200. Try the options below to fix the issue.

1. Review the configuration between your origin server and Cloudflare and ensure that the origin resolves requests successfully - how do I do that?

2. Review any existing Firewall Rules - I don’t have any Firewall rules set

3. Contact Customer Support - which I did but didn’t get a reply

Does that mean CloudFlare isn’t working for my site at all? Or is it just the speed test that’s not working?

Thanks!

A HTTP Status 200 is the code for “success”.

probably nothing to do on your end.

I could quickly inspect that if you feel free to provide us your Domain/URL.

1 Like

My thoughts:

1. It’d be nice if the Speed Test ran. I was all excited when it was first introduced, but it isn’t as useful as external tests like Lighthouse, GTMetrix, WebPageTest. Not even close. I don’t even look at it anymore.
  2. Yes, it merits looking into by Support. I don’t mean to trivialize your concern, but don’t stress about it (Speed Test) not working because…
  3. …because Cloudflare is most likely working for your site. If you click on the :lock: next to the URL of your site in your browser and View the certificate, you’ll probably see the Cloudflare certificate. Or run it through sitemeer.com and it will tell you for sure if it’s using Cloudflare.
2 Likes

@M4rt1n & @sdayman thank you both! Yes, I can see the Cloudflare certificate and sitemeer agrees CloudFlare is working.
Yet when I click on the Speed tab in my CloudFlare account, it automatically goes into looping. Does this use any extra resources from my server?
At this point, I just wish CloudFlare would stop looping and trying to test my site aimlessly every time I click on the Speed tab :grimacing:

No dont worry about that :slight_smile:

Cloudflare’s employees have this monitored and will try to solve that problem for you, so you can use Cloudflare’s speed test tool.

Like @sdayman already mentioned there are anyway regardless if it works or not was better and publicly available tests which I personally use to measure sites.

Here a short list of the best ones:

1. PageSpeed Insights
  2. https://web.dev/measure/
  3. https://www.webpagetest.org/
  4. https://gtmetrix.com/

Hope this will temporarily help you out and satisfies the need of testing your site until some devs has figured out what is going wrong with the test on your site :slight_smile:

2 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.