CloudFlare Load Balancer vs. Azure Traffic Manager

Do I need to use Cloudflare Load Balancer if I can set up Azure Traffic Manager for my origin servers? I am new to CF and trying to build out basic failover for my websites that are currently proxied by Cloudflare. Trying to figure out if I can do it all in Cloudflare or if I also need to configure Azure traffic manager to support the basic weighted failover with health checks.

Hello there.

Cloudflare Load Balancing distributes traffic across your servers, which reduces server strain and latency and improves the experience for end users.

Inside Load Balancing, Cloudflare has Adaptive Routing that “controls features that modify the routing of requests to pools and origins in response to dynamic conditions, such as during the interval between active health monitoring requests.”

and also

“When there are no healthy origin servers in the same pool, failover across pools extend the zero-downtime failover of requests to healthy origin servers in alternate pools according to the failover order defined by traffic and origin steering.”

Cheers and have a good week.