Cloudflare keep removing my Range header randomly

When I try to play mp4 video from my site using cloudflare, the playback keep crashing, from the browser console, I can verify that the browser already sent the Range header.
After checking my server logs, I realize that sometimes Cloudflare will remove Range header to my server, my server then return Content-Range 0-3145832 since the Range header is missed and make Chrome crash the playback.

For normal response, the Content-Length and Content-Range will have Upper Case compare to other headers which is lowercase.
But for these requests with Range header removed, the response headers are all in lower case (content-length and content-range).
If you need more info just tell me since I’m new member, can’t upload images

All HTTP headers are case insensitive, and all H/2 headers are required to be lower case.

You should have a read of session 2.8 of the Terms.

I haven’t tested this myself, but the :search: function will give you previous discussions. Most caching proxies will actually remove the range request when filling the cache, even when they support partial requests to the client.

This topic was automatically closed 15 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.