Cloudflare is unstable from few days and its a disaster with 520 error from cloudflare

we are having an issue something like this in post - This page is currently offline. However but more of ERROR 520 also

http://prntscr.com/1rabdil - this is the error we are getting, our websites are hosted in

aws lightsail
linode
vultr
google cloud

different applications in magento,wordpress, opencart, laravel, php, code ignitor, anything which is behind cloudlfare are getting offline issues

BACKGROUND - an agency hosting over 500 websites with cloudflare FREE dns plan and never had issues for past 4 years and this time its a big big issue where 90% of our websites are getting this error, so disabling the Always on will not help as suggested in that post because we are also getting every hour ERROR 520

cloudflare status website shows our region has no issue

we have hundreds of websites with more than 40 plus different host and some websites untouched for years started to throw errors like 520 errors and always online
there are websites and hosts we havent touched with dedicated servers managed by us fully and just stopped wokring from linode to AWS to google cloud all effected

I can see my issue is exactly this so many people complaining
i can bet a billion dollars this is cloud flare issue

Sometimes a CF 520 error - Security - Cloudflare Community please let me know why did cloudflare close this issue when till date up until now 5th september it is not resolved and users are crying from July 22nd

Hi there,

Due to the number of 520s being reported in similar circumstances, we are escalating the issue to Cloudflare Support. The original incident should have been resolved and your issue may well be unrelated.

We recommend checking these troubleshooting tips, if you haven’t already.

If you have been through these thoroughly and are not seeing corresponding issues on your network/server and you have a ticket number with Cloudflare, please reply and post that #.

To enable efficient troubleshooting by support, please ensure you include the following on the ticket:

• example URL(s) where you are seeing the error
  • Ray IDs from the 520 pages
  • output from a traceroute from any impacted user
  • output of example.com/cdn-cgi/trace - replace example.com with the affected domain.
  • Also include two HAR file(s) : one detailing your request with Cloudflare enabled on your website and the other with Cloudflare temporarily disabled - see How do I temporarily deactivate Cloudflare ?
3 Likes

ofcourse this is related
see the CRY OUT HERe for 100’s of users using cloudflare - Community Tip - Fixing Error 520: Web server is returning an unknown error and you still tel me its unrelated, allways online and 520 erors has nothing to do with website settings, apache or servers as its on

1. multiple servers
    2.multiple domains
  2. multiple locations
  3. multiple devices

everyone of our team, customers, client customers everyone are getting this on and off , you browse few pages and click few times it will show up and then refresh it will be gown, people cannot even checkout to the website and even brwose the website for 10 -15minsutes

everything before July was great but now its months where everyone is suffering

ITS ABOUT TIME CLOUDFLARE takes this seriously as i will have to like other users stop using cloudflare if this continues, its like having a broken website

wahts the point of speed and secueity of cloudflare when the website doesnt even work

1 Like

The response above says the issue may be unrelated, as some users are getting 520s due to server issues. It also says that due to the pattern, it is being escalated.

We do not work for Cloudflare, I understand you are annoyed, but please stop taking it out on the volunteers trying to help you.

In the list above, we provided steps to allow us to escalate your issue, so I would recommend following those.

2 Likes

fl=170f9
h=abc.com ( we cannot display the domain name publicly)
ip=84.255.185.46
ts=1630934614.09
visit_scheme=https
uag=Mozilla/5.0 (Windows NT 10.0; Win64; x64) AppleWebKit/537.36 (KHTML, like Gecko) Chrome/92.0.4515.159 Safari/537.36
colo=BAH
http=http/2
loc=BH
tls=TLSv1.3
sni=plaintext
warp=off
gateway=off

These details should be provided in the ticket and then you post here the ticket number.

1 Like

my ticket ID is - 2248400

I have the same issue which started happening on Saturday evening, haven’t been able to find a resolution yet. Ticket logged with reference #2248941.

disabled cloudflare last night and today for more than 50 websites, and I have now zero complaints from any website user or client, why only 50 as this are the most improtant and busiest sites and our clients were losing sales due to this cloudflare issue . the problem for ecommerce websites as not only just 520 ERROR or just alwyas online random messages but also due to instability of the DNS request the errors were throwing up each and every action of buying journey of a user and since i paused / disabled cloudflare its almost 20 hrs now and no one has complained , we were able to also generate the 520 erorr easily but now we dont get those erorr on this 50 websites

this is why I wanted to bet for a billlion dollar that “THIS IS A CLOUDFLARE ISSUE” atleast in our region and using cloudflare for over a decade we know when something is not right with cloudflare

so before i disable CF for the rest of 467 websites, will cloudflare reply to this ticket and look into the issue or its never going to happen they haven’t replied till date and if they will take more time I may as well just remove cloudflare from all websites and continue to live a peaceful life

suggest you disable cos this error is going no where and cloudflare isnt replying

no one is replying from cloudflare its getting worse so whats next guys

A reply is above. The team is investigating after my escalation, you should hear something soon.

all our clients are still experiencing the issues of cloudflare ERROR 520 as of 9th sept 2021 2pm

as of now still we are getting this error
cloudflare did reply saying they found the issue and they tweaked but still there are those errors poppping up every now and then so the error as of 10th sept 6pm still exist

11th SEPT 7pm we are still facing issues with cloudflare, now it showed me always online ERORR
when will this be fixed by cloudflare its almost 3 weeks for us and since july for other members

We are running multiple websites across multiple servers, and all of them are receiving random 520 errors. This has been going on since around the week of July 22.

Cloudflare acknowledged there was an issue, and claim they fixed it, however the 520 errors continued.

I have a support ticket open. 5 days ago, I was told:

“We have noticed an increased in 520’s and our engineering team have investigated and made some changes on our side to help address this.”

Unfortunately, the 520 errors are still continuing to happen.

I don’t know how to get this resolved.

Everything was working fine for several years, until whatever Cloudflare changed around July 22. And it’s approaching almost 2 months now and the 520 errors continue to happen.

Frustrated…

1 Like

we run multiple sites on aws, google cloud, alibaba, rackspace etc. all their engineers have also ruled out its cloudflare issue

Its 16th SEPT and 7pm here and we continue to get the same issue on many sites and nothing is fixed

OPENEVO i got the same email from cloudflare and they haven’t rectified it till now and the erorr is still there

I guess we need to find an alternative to cloudflare as no one at cloudflare is taking this seriously its almost 3 months now and our customers are losing sales

the problem is still not resolved