Cloudflare is Showing my Server's IP Address

When I perform a tracert on my domain name, it shows the server’s IP address. In my control panel, my DNS records are proxied (orange.) Performing a tracert with my domain without www shows my server’s IP, with www it shows Cloudflare’s server IP.

My A records are pointed towards my server and look to be in good order, my root domain shows the full domain instead of @, but I don’t think that’s the issue.

I used tracert on my local machine as well as nslookup on another of my servers. I also looked up another host that uses Cloudflare, I used tracert again and found it have a Cloudflare IP.

Nslookup response:

Non-authoritative answer:
Name: domain.com
Address: 104.21.36.215
Name: domain.com
Address: 172.67.199.194

This sounds like it could be a DNS cache issue.

Could you screenshot your DNS records (optionally expunging domains and IPs)?

Your DNS should look something like this:

1 Like

May I ask have you changed your nameservers for yourdomain.com at your domain registar?

May we know what is your domain name so more of us could re-check? (possible to local or ISP’s DNS cache as already stated by @jb3)

Could you re-check your DNS records at Cloudflare dashboard if you have A www and A yourdomain.com, both being as :orange: cloud (proxied via Cloudflare?

Or if using a CNAME record?

Maybe you are missing A www record?

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 5 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.