Cloudflare is caching everything in Wordpress

Started using Cloudflare recently, but it is caching my HTML too, making it impossible for me to do things like creating new articles and enabling/disabling plugins in Wordpress CMS.

I already thought about using the plugin, but I would like to do this without having to rely on a plugin, since I avoid using plugins in my website as much as possible, please tell me if that’s possible, otherwise I’ll use the plugin.

Even on the frontend there are things that shouldn’t be cached, like user forms.

Is there a solution for this? I tried to create cache rules, but didn’t succeed.

Greetings,

Thank you for asking.

Kindly, may I ask you to check out what option have you got selected by navigating to the Cloudflare dashboard → Caching → Configuration → find section “Browser Cache TTL” and make sure the selected option from the dropdown menu is “Respect Existing Headers”.

Furthermore, from the same menu, click on the blue button saying “Purge Everything” to flush the cache at Cloudflare Edge, just in case.

Wait for a minute or two.

Refresh a page in your Web browser, otherwise try clearing your Web browser cache or use a different Web browser to test out again.

Are you using some custom-made Page Rules with an option like Cache Level: Cache Everything?

May I ask if you’re refering to the official Cloudflare plugin for WordPress, or rather the Cloudflare APO for WordPress? (there is a difference)

Sharing my helpful post in case you’d like to know if it’s necessarry to install the Cloudflare plugin (except in a case if you’re not using Cloudflare APO):

Please, find which file extensions are cached “by default” at the Cloudflare Edge on the link from below (CSS, JS, images…):

May I ask if you’re using any other caching plugin for WordPress?

Are there any HTTP cache headers being set and sent from your origin host/web server?

May I ask you to post and share your domain name in bracketed dot [.] notation here with us so we could double-check, troubleshoot and provide some feedback information regarding the HTTP cache headers? :thinking:

I just did what you said about "Browser Cache TTL” and enabling “Respect Existing Headers”. I’ll see what happens now, then if needed I’ll share the website here. And speaking of which, I also noticed that my organic traffic, as shown in Google Analytics, dropped by half after I enabled CF and Under Attack mode.

Because each request is being challenged.

Under Attack Mode should be used only in cases when there is an unexpected portion of requests like DDoS or actual attack happening.

May I ask if this is your case currently, or why did you enabled “I am Under an attack” mode? :thinking:

If I may add here as a really good reference for further cases in terms of security and protection with Cloudflare:

Last but not the least, kindly see more by reading Cloudflare articles which contain a lot of helpful information for better understanding and usage as well in terms of Security and Protection:

This topic was automatically closed 15 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.