Cloudflare is blocking Waterfox based on user agent

Cloudflare is blocking Waterfox based on user agent. If I load a page normally, it will infinitely redirect, while if I spoof the user agent to the latest Firefox, it will load fine. This means that it is discriminating purely based on user agent only, when the browser itself is perfectly functional.

Please whitelist Waterfox; using the actual user agent is preferred to using a fake user agent as using a fake user agent will mess with browser usage statistics and not allow sites to serve alternate Waterfox-compatible versions if they bother to support it. Cloudflare is forcing me to use a fake user agent to access a very large swath of the web, and this should not be necessary.

Bumping this so the topic will not close. The issue still exists when accessing community.cloudflare.com! Please fix.

It is likely that the sites you are trying to visit have a security setting (i.e. Browser Integrity Check, Security Level) which is blocking Waterfox. If you run curl -A "Mozilla/5.0 (Windows NT 10.0; Win64; x64; rv:78.0) Gecko/20100101 Firefox/78.0 Waterfox/78.14.0" -I https://cyberjake.xyz the request completes successfully even though my site is behind Cloudflare. This does appear to be a common issue with WaterFox.

Other places this has been asked:

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 15 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.