Cloudflare IP class issue

wordpress

Hi,
As soon as I enabled the free Cloudflare for my website a whole IP class for one of my country’s ISPs was denied access to my website. The message I got was “web page takes too long to load”. When I enabled it I left all Cloudflare settings on default. As soon as I pause cloudflare the website is reachable. Any suggestions would be appreciated.

Where is your site hosted? And is that the same country of your ISP?

Can you also run the following command? (Replace example.com with your domain name)
curl -svo /dev/null https://example.com

And post the output. You can edit out the domain name if you’d like when you post the output.

The site is hosted at Bluehost. The country of the ISP is different than Bluehost.
This is the result with Cloudflare disabled:
C:\WINDOWS\system32>curl -svo /dev/null www.trpceski.com

• Rebuilt URL to: WEBSITE
  • Trying 70.40.218.41…
  • TCP_NODELAY set
  • Connected to www.trpceski.com (70.40.218.41) port 80 (#0)

GET / HTTP/1.1
Host: WEBSITE
User-Agent: curl/7.55.1
Accept: /

< HTTP/1.1 200 OK
< Server: nginx/1.14.0
< Date: Wed, 18 Jul 2018 22:43:52 GMT
< Content-Type: text/html; charset=UTF-8
< Content-Length: 88458
< Connection: keep-alive
< Vary: Accept-Encoding,Cookie
< Cache-Control: max-age=3, must-revalidate
< Last-Modified: Wed, 18 Jul 2018 22:43:47 GMT
< X-Acc-Exp: 3
< X-Proxy-Cache: MISS WEBSITE
<
{ [4044 bytes data]

• Failed writing body (0 != 4044)
  • Closing connection 0

(I don’t mind posting the site, I edited the name bc it doesn’t allow more than 2 links)

This is the result with Cloudflare enabled with all default settings:
C:\WINDOWS\system32>curl -svo /dev/null www.trpceski.com

• Rebuilt URL to: WEBSITE
  • Trying 104.27.168.49…
  • TCP_NODELAY set
  • connect to 104.27.168.49 port 80 failed: Timed out
  • Trying 104.27.169.49…
  • TCP_NODELAY set
  • connect to 104.27.169.49 port 80 failed: Timed out
  • Failed to connect to WEBSITE port 80: Timed out
  • Closing connection 0

It seems to me the ISP has blocked access to that Cloudflare IP address.

Do you have any other sites on Cloudflare you can connect to?

I was talking to my ISP for 2 days and they were stumped. They said they have no blacklisted or blocked IP addresses regarding my site. I also spoke to Bluehost and they too said they have no blacklists or blocks regarding my ISP IP addresses. Bluehost escalated the support ticket and later sent me an e-mail saying:
I am following up on your ticket regarding issues with accessing your website. Currently, I am not seeing your local IP (x.x.x.x) blocked anywhere on our server. At this time, the website does load for me, though I do see that you have it routing through Cloudflare. It could be entirely possible that you may be caching a previous error. I would recommend logging into your Cloudflare dashboard and clearing the cache, as well as that of your browser to be certain.
That’s all I got.

That was pretty thorough of all involved. I only have two more ideas:

1. If you’re friends with a neighbor on the same ISP, try it from their home. Same goes with others in your region on the same ISP.
  2. Open a Support ticket. Maybe Cloudflare has a way to test from that ISP.
    https://community.cloudflare.com/support_request

Yeah, I did talk to several people who are on the same ISP, none of them can access the website. The strange thing is, the ISP is also a telecom company providing mobile network. The site can be accessed over cell phone on their data plan. So the issue is only with cable internet from this ISP.
I will open a support ticket.
Thanks for the help, much appreciated.

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.