Cloudflare Infrastructure IPs / PREP config

Hello!

I am hoping for some advice from anyone who understands what ‘PREP config’ means or looks like please!!

I ticketed our server host about the changes to theCloudflare Infrastructure IPs, giving them all the details from the Cloudflare email. I wasn’t sure if this affected us or if we needed to make changes, but I assumed the IP’s might be specified in our Firewall.

I have now received a reply from our Server host as below, saying that they need additional information before they can action anything, so I would really appreciate any advice on what this means and how I should reply.

Here is what they said (below) thanks for any advice!! :slightly_smiling_face:

Thank you for contacting us.

Please note that we require some additional information in order to move forward with this ticket.

The details we require are as follows:

• As per the request I can see network 104.16.0.0/12 is added object group CLOUDFLARE-IPs. Please find the PREP config below for removing 104.16.0.0/12 and adding 104.16.0.0/13 & 104.24.0.0/14 networks. Please check & confirm to apply.

PREP Config:
conf t
object-group network CLOUDFLARE-IPs
no network-object 104.16.0.0 255.240.0.0
network-object 104.16.0.0 255.248.0.0
network-object 104.24.0.0 255.252.0.0
end
wr

Once we receive your reply, we will be able to proceed accordingly.

Whatever PREP config is, it’s not a Cloudflare feature or format. My suggestion is to disregard the change. It sounds like you haven’t been through this before with your host, so it’s safe to say you don’t need to go through it now.

This topic was automatically closed 5 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.