Cloudflare Images support svg?

Hi, how are you? I’m starting using Cloudflare Images to store all the images from a migration I’m doing. I’m using the API and, currently, the migration is fine for all the pngs and jpgs images, but when a SVG image appears, it breaks. Is there a way to accept also this format to be uploaded? I need to store them all in the same place and Cloudflare is my biggest option.
Also, I could upload manually a gif format, but it will work eventually with the API? thanks

Hi @emiliano,

An SVG (Scalable Vector Graphics) is not actually an image. If you open a .svg file in a text editor, you will see it is simply an XML document. It’s composed of vectors rather than pixels, making it infinitely scalable.

I don’t think Cloudflare Images supports SVG nor do I know if it ever will. You cannot resize an SVG like you can with a PNG or JPEG, so Cloudflare Images does not make much sense here.

I understand wanting to keep all your “images” in one place, but I don’t think that’s possible for SVG files, unfortunately.

2 Likes

@albert is right, Cloudflare Images doesn’t support SVG files at the moment. I can see the use case to store and delivery SVG files with Cloudflare Images. There are security concerns for safely storing and serving SVG files: Anatomy of Scalable Vector Graphics (SVG) Attack Surface on the Web. We will be evaluating SVG support in Cloudflare Images, stay tuned.

4 Likes

This topic was automatically closed after 15 days. New replies are no longer allowed.