I’m seeing an issue the past couple days where each request of a single Cloudflare Image is showing in the dashboard that two images have been served.
The minimal reproduction of this is no normal traffic to Cloudflare Images URLs and using the dashboard to preview an image. Loading the image once increases the images served count by two.
The same happens when visiting the typical delivery URL directly: https://imagedelivery.net/:account_hash/:image_id/:variant_name
I’ve tried quite a few more scenarios;
- Loading an image using a custom domain URL https://example.com/cdn-cgi/imagedelivery/:account_hash/:image_id/:variant_name
- New and previously uploaded images.
- Images of various extensions and sizes: GIF, PNG, JPG, 100b to 9.5mb
- Different Browsers on different platforms: Chrome, Firefox, Safari, Windows, iOS
- Using image tags on multiple different domains including ones not on Cloudflare. (to eliminate possible favicon requests)
- Using a browser that does not use accept headers. (to avoid WEBP and AVIF)
- Various combinations of all the above.
I tried to eliminate possible configuration issues by using the imagedelivery.net URL directly however all testing showed that one image requested results in two images served.
Is this an isolated issue or have others seen the same problem?
Edit: I forgot to mention I only have a single variant, the default Public variant which I have not modified and that the website is closest to a forum or image board.