Cloudflare header prevents shopify connection of domain

Hi,
we are currently trying to use a subdomain (CNAME) with shopify but they can’t create a new SSL certificate for it.
According to them the problem is that the subdomain has some kind of cloudflare header configured which prevents this.

However we have never directly used cloudflare directly and the current suspicion is that the service the domain was previously used with had used cloudflare and has configured something for the domain. I have already talked to their customer support and they say they have removed everything related to that domain from their systems and that they can’t do more.

I also talked to the operator of our name server and they also don’t use cloudflare so they also can’t remove anything.

I tried raising a ticket with cloudflare themselves (I created this account for that purpose) but they immediately closed it saying I’m not eligible for support as I don’t have a plan with them and pointed me here.

I really hope someone her can help.

Thanks in advance,
Lukas

Please-please-please ask Shopify to specify which header. They keep saying this, but nobody outside of Shopify knows which header they’re talking about.

Ok I will try to figure it out. I also wrote them again asking them to sort it out with cloudflare as my ticket was immediately closed as I don’t have a paid plan.
Let’s see, maybe someone can see which headers are currently set for shop.musikundmoebelbau.de and determine the problem from there, we are not using cloudflare outside of Shopify.

If you contact Shopify and they mention Cloudflare headers, ask them if they are referring to a Custom Hostname that was part of an old SSL for SaaS implementation on the domain. If so, ask them if you should delete the domain and recreate it.

2 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 15 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.