Cloudflare Free SSL keeps getting remove automatically

Hi…

I have installed cloudflare successfully on 4 of my domains via cPanel…

everything seems fine for few hours… but after few hours the cloudflare ssl goes away and lets encrypt which was the old SSL that i have uninstalled recently, installed on their own… which break the site and the error shows up “Invalid SSL” with cloudflare.

What could be the reason?

any idea?
please help!

1 Like

You still need a certificate on your server. Restore your certificate and it should work fine.

1 Like

Thanks for super quick response!

what do you mean by that? can you please elaborate?

much appreciated…

You said you removed the certificate from you server. Restore that.

I am sorry for misunderstanding…

I mean, i remove the old lets encrypt SSL… which get installed automatically after few hours of installing cloudflare SSL…

All right, do you have a certificate installed on your server right now? Your server, not Cloudflare.

Also, whats the domain?

1 Like

yes… I have installed on my server…

https://www.petshubs.com

this is one of the domain

Seems to load fine for me. You do have a mixed content issue, but apart from that HTTPS works.

yeah, it has some mix content issue… which i will take care of later…

but after few hours… it will be gone… i mean the cloudflare SSL will be gone…

Well, right now it is in place. I would suggest you respond here after it disappeared. Currently it is impossible to comment on that as there is a certificate.

Loads fine too.

yeah, but when i check in the cpanel…

I can only see the lets encrypt SSL there in manage SSL section… with few months of expiry

but i have installed cloudflare ssl there with 15 years of expiry… which is now gone…

I am sorry, if i don’t make any sense to you… but i am really worried about these issues, as when i have installed the cloudflare at the first place… why would it be reverted back to the lets encrypt… i got confused

All right, you are referring to the Cloudflare Origin certificate? If that disappears from your host’s control panel, that is something that should not happen, however I am afraid that is a question for your host.

last thing…

let me know what i did so far on my own:

1- exluded the domain names from autossl
2- make orange cloud in mail, webmail, webdisk, cpanel

coz when the cloudflare gone and lets encrypt installed automatically… only these 4 things i found green colored… so thought it should be the issue in DNS…

sorry, if i feel dumb to you… I thought i should share the complete info…

These things should not influence the certificates installed on your server. I’d really clarify this first with your host. Afterwards this can be analysed depending on what the reason for the removed certificate is.

I submit a ticket to them their support issoo lazy…

Thank you Sandro! really appreciate it!

This topic was automatically closed after 30 days. New replies are no longer allowed.