Cloudflare for Teams Dynamic IP address

Is their a way for my location to use dynamic IP address?
I would like to use Cloudflare for Teams for family content filtering.

regards
Mark

I haven’t found an easy way to do this, so I just set local DNS to use 1.1.1.3 and skip the Teams part. The only special feature Teams I used was the logging…which I only watched for the first week or two.

Thanks for the reply.
Already doing that

Kind regards
Mark

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed after 31 days. New replies are no longer allowed.

@markfl You can use Cloudflare Gateway to enforce content and security policies, regardless of the source IP generating queries, by sending queries through DNS over HTTPS (DoH). Create a location in your account in the Teams dash and a DoH URL is automatically created (no need to even register a source IPv4 address for that location). Assign a policy to that location.

You can send queries upstream to that DoH endpoint through a variety of DoH clients including cloudflared. Not only do you not need to worry about the source IP of your queries, but your queries are encrypted on the wire as well.

1 Like

Thanks for the reply @pzimmerman, I guess one nice feature to have is have the Source IP on file automatically update when using DoH?

The key thing I’m focusing on however is using plain DNS as that is what most routers support out of the box, and having something similar to NextDNS where users can ping a unique/secret link associated with their account on a scheduled job: https://i.imgur.com/uQIvGk4.png

I checked around the Cloudflare Gateway settings and it appears this is not supported yet; is this in the roadmap?

It’s something the team has discussed but not roadmapped. I hear you that a lot of routers don’t support this capability out of the box–have you thought about deploying a local resolver like a pi-hole for this? I’ve used a Pi Zero in this way for years since my (SoHo) router doesn’t support DoH even with flashed firmware.

1 Like

Thanks, I admit I am a little too lazy to set up PiHole :slight_smile:

Good to know the team is aware of this, hopefully it is considered for the future.

nice, I just noticed my Gateway location showing just that. I remembered I just configured DNS over HTTPS in my Opera browser

hmm guess that didn’t work as well using Gateway DOH server now gives following when accessing https://dash.teams.cloudflare.com/

hmms was a temp issue, refreshing page a few times worked!

1 Like