Cloudflare firewall rules

hello,

can you please check if i good make cloudflare firewall rules,

with this rule i want to allow googlebot and all good bots for access on my website without any restriction, without any captcha or challenge:

with this rule i want to block all bad bots but in same time to allow googlebot:

can you please check if all correct?

Hm, that would be really nice but I think, the normal requests from normal visitors would be JS Challenged as well, which isn’t a good thing, right?

Either one rule could end up being in a conjuction with the second one - I am afraid how that would either work, if so.

Could be I am wrong about it.

I would rather suggest below:

Known “good” bots are listed on the below link, kindly check which one are they:

To block bad bots, I would suggest creating another Firewall Rule which includes a list of them, something as follows on below posts:

You could also combine multiple things (like bad bots) into a single Firewall Rule, like block all bad bots but at the same time allow good “known” bots from the cf.client.bot list.

can you please say if i am correct,
with this rule i allow googlebot and all good bots for access on my website without any restriction, without any captcha or challenge:

Yes, provided that you move the allow rule above the blocking rule.

what you mean?

If you have multiple Firewall Rules, due to the priority or order while the request come to your Website.

Kindly, see more information about order and priority of evaulation for Cloudflare Firewall Rules on the below link:

cloudflare rule

you mean this?

Yes.

This topic was automatically closed 15 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.