Cloudflare & Elementor Pro Issue

Hi All,

Been using CF with Elementor Pro for some time and never had any issues but for last couple of weeks i am seeing a strange 524 Server Error. Everytime i update the home page of my site in elementor and click on the update button this error shows up after a few seconds.

I haven’t changed any settings in CF, Elementor Pro support says its something to do with CF and my hosting provider also said the same. Has anyone else faced this error and can someone please guide me on how to resolve this?

May I ask if you’ve already checked for any possible clue and troubleshooting steps about the 524 error you’re experiencing with your site by the following article from below? :thinking:

1 Like

Thanks for replying @fritex

Yes i have and even had a session with my hosting provider which resulted it no issues detected. As for the CPU utilization its only 4% and RAM is 12%. I don’t see any long running processes and i also don’t see any issues related to traffic.

I read on a couple of forums that it’s related to Proxy or SSL from CF. Any leads or guide on how i should troubleshoot it? Interestingly when i try Elementor with my staging site, everything works fine and that also is through CF.

I think i was able to find the main source of issue which is Depicter plugin and for some odd reason i feel its been blocked by CF. Can someone guide me on how to check if this plugin request is blocked in CF and how should i create a rule to skip this?

Thanks

Thank you for feedback.

If you navigate to the Security → Events tab of Cloudflare dashboard for your zone, you should see some requests being challenged or blocked (if this plugins makes it) :thinking:

Furthermore, could be plugin would send/receive requests via JSON or REST API, as your own Website, so you might see your own origin host/server IP address, without User-agent (blank) or like WordPress/version_number or even WP-cron.

Just in case if you encouter some issues and/or errors, since it’s related to the WordPress, I’d suggest you to allowlist your origin host / server / hosting IP address by navigating to the Security → WAF → Tools → IP Access Rules with the action “allow” for your Website and try again.

It knows to happend that Security Level is set to high, or some Bot Fight Mode is blocking, due to the WordPress using HTTP/1.0 and empty user-agent, therefore while executing WP-Cron or some other related JSON/REST API request via plugin which triggers the WAF rules (as it should normally).

Nevertheless, could be an Ajax request, then followed by Bot Fight Mode, Security Level, WAF Managed Rules or Browser Integrity Check service which was triggered.

There is also a way by creating a SKIP rule:

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 15 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.