Cloudflare domain name, how to bind greengeeks server to cloudflare?

Cloudflare domain name, how to bind greengeeks server to cloudflare?

You will need to obtain the relevant DNS record(s) (typically such as AAAA, A or CNAME) from GreenGeeks.

DNS records can be added/modified/deleted over here:

https://dash.cloudflare.com/?to=/:account/:zone/dns

Hello, thank you for your reply, I have done this step, but I can’t modify the Domain Nameservers

DarkDeviL via Cloudflare Community <[email protected]> 于2024年4月29日周一 06:09写道:

If you want to delegate your domain to other name servers, then the domain must be transferred out of Cloudflare first.

6.1 Nameservers. Registrant agrees to use Cloudflare’s nameservers. REGISTRANT ACKNOWLEDGES AND AGREES THAT IT MAY NOT CHANGE THE NAMESERVERS ON THE REGISTRAR SERVICES, AND THAT IT MUST TRANSFER TO A THIRD PARTY REGISTRAR IF IT WISHES TO CHANGE NAMESERVERS.

7.2 nameservers

Registrant agrees to use Cloudflare’s nameservers. REGISTRANT ACKNOWLEDGES AND AGREES THAT IT MAY NOT CHANGE THE NAMESERVERS ON THE REGISTRAR SERVICES, AND THAT IT MUST TRANSFER TO A THIRD PARTY REGISTRAR IF IT WISHES TO CHANGE NAMESERVERS.

I understand how you may eventually be confused by the steps, however, no, the “Domain Nameservers” as you refer to, is a different step.

1. Keep your current delegation of name servers (“Domain Nameservers”).
    → By using this one, you simply add/modify/delete DNS record(s) when necessary, such as e.g. when switching your web hosting provider, email provider, et al.

2. Change the delegation of name servers (“Domain Nameservers”).
    → This one will prevent you from using Cloudflare (except on Business plan and above).
    → This one is NOT compatible with Cloudflare Registrar.

You cannot change the delegation of name server for your domain (#2), assuming you wish to continue using Cloudflare, or Cloudflare Registrar.

That’s why I’m suggesting you to reach out to GreenGeeks for the DNS record(s), as mentioned above (#1), so you can continue using Cloudflare, but simply point the hosting towards GreenGeeks.

Thank you very much for your generous reply, I now understand how to do it, I didn’t see this treaty before, so I was particularly confused, thank you for your help, thank you again, I will try to solve it!:pray::pray::pray::pray::pray::laughing:

DarkDeviL via Cloudflare Community <[email protected]>于2024年4月29日 周一00:52写道:

This topic was automatically closed 2 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.