Yesterday I was trying to change one option of the WP Autoptimize plugin (inline and defer css) to avoid it render blocking. This was the process of it:
- I extracted the critical css with an online tool and added it to the plugin.
- Activated the option and then saved and emptied both Autoptimize (AO) cache and WP Super Cache (another complementary cache plugin)
- Activated development mode and purged everything in Cloudflare panel.
- All worked perfectly so I left the new AO option on.
- A day later my site has stopped working, returning a Cloudflare 504 timeout frontend and backend.
- Activating dev. mode and purging cache doesn’t work. The site only gets back to normal if I pause Cloudflare on the site.
- After that, I deactivated “inline and defer option” in AO but Cloudflare cache is still broken.
- Since there’s no way to purge the cache or fix it activating dev mode I can’t activate Cloudflare again without breaking my site. I must leave it paused.
Any help on how to purge the cache would be appreciated.
Also if anyone knows how could the option “inline and defer css” break my entire site. I have activated other times before having Cloudflare and the website loaded. With Cloudflare it should load no problem as well only showing messed up CSS but not timeout Cloudflare. I’m completely flabbergasted.
Thanks for your attention.