Cloudflare DNS problem

I have pointed Cloudflare DNS on DigitalOcean side, but still not take effect.

Greetings,

Thank you for asking.

I am sorry to hear you are experiencing an issue with your domain/website while using Cloudflare.

Without knowing the domain, we can’t check anything. May I ask you to post and share your domain name in bracketed dot [.] notation (example[dot]com) here so we could double-check, troubleshoot and provide some more feedback information about the issue? :thinking:

Before moving to Cloudflare, was your Website working over HTTPS connection?

Furthermore, if you recently changed your domain nameservers, regular DNS propagation time usually takes up to 24-48 hours to complete.

Just do the Site Migrate and Reset up the cloudflare service on site ohwhat dot com for HTTPs connection.The cloudflare setting page says, I(me) have to ONLY add cloudflare as the NMAESERVER, Shall i remove the DigitalOcean as the current NMAESERVER(What will happened for my current DNS records controlled by DigitalOcean).

I can not understand why these TWO can not works as the NMAESAVER simultaneously.

In case you’re unsure, kindly I’d suggest you to find someone experienced with this to help you in case you’'re worried to lose something in the process.

Yes.

Consider exporting them, saving or backup, screenshot.
Once you add your domain to your Cloudflare account, then you’d be able to import them, manually add etc., so that way you keep the consistency between what you have had at DO.

Did you followed this steps or some other? :thinking:

Cloudflare service works that way. And in case you’d have different and unidentical DNS records across different nameservers (DNS providers), the visitor might end-up at the wrong one and old which wouldn’t work anymore (in case you changed server, etc.).

In case you cannot change your domain nameservers, there is an option as described here:

1 Like

Let me export&import by my step. I don’t like the complex way. Thanks for your kindly replies.

1 Like

In case you need help how to import them to Cloudflare DNS, here is the article:

1 Like

Once i changed the NAMESERVERs, All the pre-set records has been automatically imported into Cloudflare. Thanks for your support replies.

1 Like

Will it cause some time to take effect? I can not open the site directly although the A record exist in the DNS list.

Thank you for feedback.

I got 521 error returned :thinking:

Before moving to Cloudflare, was your Website working over HTTPS connection?

May I ask what SSL option have you got selected under the SSL/TLS tab at Cloudflare dashboard for your domain ( Flexible, Full, Full Strict … )?

Make sure the SSL/TLS settings under the SSL/TLS tab of Cloudflare dashboard are set to Full (Strict) SSL.

Over which port are you running your app or website?

Make sure Cloudflare IPs are allowed to connect to your origin host/server (firewall, iptables …):

A list of Cloudflare’s IPv4 & IPv6 can be found here:

1 Like

Before moving to Cloudflare, was your Website working over HTTPS connection?----No, not really. It has no protect before moving to Cloudflare.

I have turned on the Full (Strict) SSL.

This problem still exist “Web server is down Error code 521”, Please help me out of it.

Shall i create the Certificate first? I have no idea to install cloudflare on staging site with DO.

I have installed really-simple-ssl plugin on my site. The certificate is generated by cloudflare but i can not turn on the strict mode of ssl in cloudflare dashboard.

Thank you for feedback.

Not Client Certificate, rather if you don’t have the SSL certificate at for your Website, you could create and use Cloudflare Origin CA certificate here:

Meaning you’re using WordPress, correct? :thinking:

If so, meaning you don’t have it on your origin host/server, therefrom the:

Would throw you an error since the SSL mode you’ve selected requires the origin host/server to have a valid one at first.

Digitalocean team confirmed my one-click pre-set WP has “apache” web service installed rather “nginx”, Is there any article about how to install Full(strict) SSL on my current developer environment?

Cloudflare Plugin setting is simple and can not choose other level SSL for protect.

DigitalOcean team recommends me to use “Let’s Encrypt” for set up the Apache. Is it enough to set my “SSL flexible” on Cloudflare side? By the way, I also installed the “Real Simple SSL Plugin” on my site too, and it auto-detected & activate certificate…But i’m a little confused about this certificate…Is it belong to Cloudflare’s plugin-sync which connected with my Cloudflare account?