Cloudflare DNS configuration

Hi all guys,
I have serious problems with the cloudflare configuration, looking online I saw that it is a fairly common problem but I just can’t find the correct configuration.

This is the situation when I add a new site, and I think the problems start with the pop-up in evidence:

In fact when I continue the configuration I get this warning:
Pointing to Cloudflare’s nameservers is critical for activating your site successfully. Otherwise, Cloudflare is unable to manage your DNS and optimize your site.

Continuing, I finish the initial configuration and try “Determine your registrar via WHOIS.” But the result is this:

• No registry RDAP server was identified for this domain. Attempting lookup using WHOIS service.
  • Failed to perform lookup using WHOIS service: TLD_NOT_SUPPORTED.

How can I solve this problem?
I thank you for your valuable help!

Hi @marcovincidesigner,

It sounds like you have a few issues.

1. Record exposing IP - You have mail and web on the same server, so that will be the case.
    An A, AAAA, CNAME, or MX record is pointed to your origin server exposing your origin IP address

2. You have mail records proxied, these should be umproxied if you use email on your domain
    Email Troubleshooting

3. WHOIS issue - that is simply because the whois tool used doesn’t support lookups on your TLD. You will need to change the nameservers at your registrar if you haven’t already.

Hi, and thanks for the quick reply.
I spoke to the server and they explained to me that the ip addresses are standard and cannot be differentiated;
I was therefore advised to send you this Nic screen where SOAQueryAnswerTest provides “failed” results.

It is not clear why Cloudflare does not accept the DNS zone that it provides me.

I also leave the screens that show all the configuration steps:

1. After clicking on “Done, check nameservers” “Done, check nameservers”

How can this regrettable problem be solved?

The nameservers haven’t been changed to point to Cloudflare, are you having an issue when changing them?

Yes, with ServerPlan (my hosting) the dns are first validated by the nic (https://dns-check.nic.it) screen n4.
However, they give as a “FALLITO” result so it is not possible to replace the old dns with those provided by cloudflare.

Sounds a bit like Can't set nameservers - (Inconsistent Set of NS / Nameserver not authoritative).

This topic was automatically closed after 31 days. New replies are no longer allowed.