Cloudflare DNS - can't set root record

Dear Community members,

The problem I have is that my website won’t open without adding www. to the domain name:

mediaisourlife.com

I am using Cloudflare DNS and I can’t seem to set the @ (root) record. I am getting an error:
Record already exists. (Code: 81057)
But the record does not show up in the list!

What should I do?

Thank you in advance,

The naked domain resolves, so there must be a record.

Post a screenshot of your DNS settings.

Perhaps. Would you happen to have any idea why the page doesn’t load in Firefox or old Chrome browsers?

The entry in question is the first one. You need to delete it before you can set up a CNAME record.

Thank you for having a look! Sadly, I have little experience with DNS and don’t understand what change we need to make. Could you please explain what’s gone wrong if you have a moment?

If you set up a CNAME record it cannot share the name with other records.

I don’t have a CNAME record and the moment, as you can see in my screenshot.

But you wanted to set up one.

Sorry, I tried to add A record:

But as I said I don’t really know what I am doing. I would greatly appreciate if someone could explain what has gone wrong with the current records.

Can you post a full page screenshot with the error message, you can redact the IP addresses.

Sure, thank you

There’s no error message.

That is no full page screenshot.

You are not trying to set up the same record two times, right?

I am sorry, let me start again :slight_smile:
The problem I am having is that after I migrated over to Cloudfront DNS I can no longer open the website mediaisourlife.com in Firefox and older Chrome browsers, unless I prepend the domain name with “www.”. The latest Chrome, for some reason, works.

Here are the DNS details of the website:

What could be wrong in the DNS records?

Very different issue :slight_smile:

It seems to load fine - sitemeer.com/#mediaisourlife.com

Of course, there’s a 404 but that’s straight from your server.

I would recommend you pause Cloudflare (Overview screen, bottom right) and make sure your site loads fine on HTTPS without Cloudflare first. Once it does you can unpause Cloudflare.

You also appear to have an insecure encryption mode on Cloudflare and should make sure you change that to Full Strict.