Cloudflare DNS broadcasting outdated IP Address

I used to have a domain on a dedicated server with Cloudflare handling DNS. Covid reduced the traffic on the domain so I downsized to a shared server at the same company. The shared server still could not handle the number of active users so I shut down the website completely.

Somewhere during the process I forgot the old Cloudflare login account password so I created a second account and placed all my domains, including the dormant website, into the new account. Cloudflare pulled the old DNS records over. Eventually I remembered the password for my original account so I logged in and updated DNS for the dormant domain. I thought that took care of everything haha.

Looking at DNS via nslookup I see Cloudflare is still propagating the old IP addresses so the website is still down. I’m trying to bring up a new website on the domain now. Anyway, the old account wants my 2 factor authentication, which I replaced with the 2 factor authentication codes for the old domain. I suppose I need to gain access to the second account I setup and just delete everything so the original account DNS will replace the outdated IP addresses.

I attempted to send a ticket to support for the domain but none of my domains come up so I’m not even able to generate a ticket to get the process started.

I could really use a great suggestion for how to fix my DNS issues?

Thanks,
Jason

1 Like

The proxied IP addresses for a hostname rarely change, even if the back end connection to the origin server uses a different IP address.

I suggest you use the “Pause Cloudflare on Site” option from the Overview tab for your domain at dash.cloudflare.com. The link is in the lower right corner of that page. Give it five minutes to take effect, then make sure site is working as expected with HTTPS. Only then should you un-pause Cloudflare and double-check your SSL/TLS setting to make sure it’s Full (Strict).

Your solution worked like a charm! I cannot thank you enough! Everything is operational again.

Sincerely,
Jason

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 3 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.