Cloudflare didn't find any records of domain

Dears
I added my domain but Cloudflare didn’t find any previous DNS records (my domain has been working for months). First, i didn’t notice that then i added DNS records on Cloudflare and finished.
It’s so funny that my laptop can’t load the website. All browsers are same (It announced: dns_probe_finished_nxdomain) but my friends could visit and it worked so well. They said: it works perfectly.

I am using VPS Hosting.
I had removed all records in DNS and re-added (three times), I even removed domain from Cloudflare and re-added (twice) but nothing changed.

I had moved it back to the previous hosting.
Please tell me how to fix this !
Thanks for your reply
Best regards

Greetings,

Thank you for asking.

This is what I do see:

But, currently I see your domain is not using Cloudflare nameservers:

Name Server: ns-a1.tenten.vn
Name Server: ns-a2.tenten.vn
Name Server: ns-a3.tenten.vn

Nevertheless, I do see your domain has got DNSSEC enabled. When I do check the DNSSEC, I see there are 2 DS records added, and no DNSSEC issue.
It seems to me like DNSSEC was enabled before you changed your domain nameservers to Cloudflare.

If you recently changed your domain nameservers, have you checked if the DNSSEC was disabled and any DS records removed at your domain registrar before domain nameservers were changed? :thinking:

Kindly, I’d suggest you to contact and ask your domain registrar to disable DNSSEC for your domain and remove any of the existing DS records at their interface.

Nevertheless, you might have to wait up to 48 or 72 hours for proper DNS propagation and to clear the DS/DNSSEC entries for your domain name.

Unfortunately, this is a know “issue”, or rather to say it happens. Before we change domain nameservers, we should make sure we disable the DNSSEC feature and remove any of the existing DS type of DNS records for our domain at our domainr registrar.

DNSSEC: signedDelegation

Furthermore, the error you experienced could also be due to the DNS cache at your local ISP provider → but I am afraid this was related to the DNSSEC issue.

You should disable DNSSEC and remove any of the existing DS records at your domain registrar before changing domain nameservers and wait up to 48 hours to fully clear up.
After that, you proceed with the process further. Otherwise, if you did not done this step, this is the cause of NXDOMAIN error.

If you are having a website hosted somewhere, your hosting provider should give you the needed information. If yes, then kindly I’d suggest you to contact your hosting provider for the needed DNS records information and re-check in case if you already have got some DNS records in the interface of your web hosting provider.

Otherwise, if the domain name is recently registered and new, and also didn’t had a web hosting before, you should have to figure out where you want it to be hosted (if so).

If it’s not picking up DNS records for your site, the easiest thing to do would be to go where your current DNS records are and export the BIND file and import it into Cloudflare:

The basic DNS records for a website should be A type DNS record pointed to an IP address of your web hosting provider (server).

Useful article with instructions how to add DNS records at DNS tab of Cloudflare dashboard for your domain name can be found below:

3 Likes

Thanks for your clearly reply. I will do step by step as you guide !

I had turned off DNSSEC and Removed records two days ago but it still displayed this

Thank you for feedback information.

I can see DNSSEC disabled.
Website is working now, not using Cloudflare nameservers anymore.

This topic was automatically closed 3 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.