Cloudflare Custom Pages - Hiding Token

Cloudflare Custom pages provide tokens to insert text, for example Always Offline cache miss provides ::ALWAYS_ONLINE_NO_COPY_BOX::.

Would Cloudflare care if I just put that token inside of a div with a display: none tag and just inserted my own generic error message like “This website is currently down or suffering network issues. You can retry for a live version of the site.” instead of showing the long, ugly, token content? It shows/does essentially the same thing, but they do require you to have the tag on your page, even if it’s in a hidden div. I just want to make sure I don’t get in trouble for trying to make my website look a little nicer.

TLDR: Can I hide the content Cloudflare inserts into Custom pages and insert my own generic messages without incurring wrath from the mighty Cloudflare? Apologies if this question is a bit strange and might not belong on the forums.

I would highly doubt CF cares since you are paying for the “custom error pages” feature [via paying for the domain’s plan] and can therefore customize the error pages however you wish, beyond using it to for phishing/malware and whatnot. A lot of people even completely remove the Cloudflare branding via the feature.

1 Like

That would make sense. Thanks for your reply, I suppose I just wanted affirmation that cloudflare wouldn’t care since it would be quite an issue if they took action against my site for it.

This topic was automatically closed after 14 days. New replies are no longer allowed.