Cloudflare.com won't recognize my registered domain

Dear Cloudflare.com Community,

I posted the problem I’m having 9 days ago and was told it would be reviewed by the staff before it could be posted. I’ve not heard back and my business is suffering the delay. I apparently can’t get a question to the Community and I can’t speak with technical support, so I’m really not sure what to do except perhaps moving the domain to another provider.

I purchased a domain from Namecheap, easybizcards.com, and am trying to facilitate its recognition by Cloudflare.com. In reviewing the Resource Articles, it’s suggested it might be a problem with the DNSSEC at my registrar’s location (Namecheap). They have tried enabling the DNSSEC and disabling it. Neither facilitated Cloudflare to locate it.

Is there anyone here in the community who can provide me a solution or at least a direction towards a solution? As someone new to domains, and DNS records, etc. I’m obviously lost and feel I’m in a closed loop here.

Thanks for any assistance you might provide.

Dan

Daniel {redacted}
{redacted}
{redacted}

According to the below link, your registrar still has DNSSEC enabled for your domain. Only Namecheap can fix this. It needs to be disabled.

Found 1 DS records for easybizcards.com in the com zone

1 Like

Thank you very much!

Dan

1 Like

It turns out, Namecheap isn’t my DNS service provider. Cloudflare.com is. But they don’t recognize the new domain. Namecheap disabled DNSSEC on their end (actually I was able to disable it) but they said it has to be disabled on Cloudflare’s end and Cloudflare still can’t connect. So I’m sort of caught in between. Any further ideas on what I might do?

Something has changed. It now says:

No DS records found for easybizcards.com in the com zone

What’s the current status of your domain at Cloudflare? Is it at some sort of “Pending” status in the overview section of the dashboard? Or is it completely not there?

I think I’ve solved it, sdayman!

I figured out I was not using the Cloudflare search function properly. I would type in my domain and it immediately flashed a message that indicated it couldn’t find the site. Then I discovered clicking the “Add my Site” button advanced the screen to Nameserver assignment. Such a simple issue and such a simple oversight. I now have my new domain active and ready to go!

Thanks very much for your kind assistance!

Dan

1 Like