Cloudflare CDN for Siteground Preventing Pinterest from Pulling Meta-Data

Hello,

Hoping someone could shed some light here.

I’m trying to enable Rich Pins for Pinterest and to do so they have you submit one of your blog article’s URLs to make sure they can read the meta-data. The problem is, every time I try to get it validated, it returns a 500 error, unable to access the server.

After checking the logs on Siteground and testing a few more standard things, I found this thread on here that has the same issue:

After running my same URL through Redbot.org, I receive the following:

HTTP/1.1 500 Internal Server Error
Date: Wed, 10 Feb 2021 19:46:18 GMT
Content-Type: text/html; charset=UTF-8
Transfer-Encoding: chunked
Connection: keep-alive
X-Frame-Options: SAMEORIGIN
Cache-Control: private, max-age=0, no-store, no-cache, must-revalidate, post-check=0, pre-check=0
Expires: Thu, 01 Jan 1970 00:00:01 GMT
CF-RAY: 61f855e03990214b-SJC
Server: cloudflare

If I deactivate my Cloudflare CDN on Siteground and test validating my URL on Pinterest again, it goes through successfully.

I do have a ‘sg_worker’ if that makes any difference. I saw it mentioned in the linked discussion.

I’d like to know if there is a way to fix this so I don’t have to deactivate my Cloudflare?

Thank you very much!

Kind Regards,
Kraig

Hello Kraig,

I see that you linked my topic here, so I’ll try to clarify a little bit about a possible solution for this issue.

You don’t need to deactivate the whole CloudFlare integration, but rather only a Cloudflare Full Page Caching feature inside the SG Optimizer plugin from Siteground. At the moment, it’s the only available solution that I know till they didn’t fix their worker integration with CloudFlare.

Please check out my detailed answer on how to do it inside this thread, and don’t forget to create a support ticket and send them the links to this and similar issues that their customers have with the Cloudflare Full Page Caching feature.

Regards,
Alex

1 Like

Hi Alex,

Thanks so much for reaching out! I’ll definitely give that a try and read through the thread that you linked.

Also, I immediately opened a ticket after opening this thread, to get more eyes on it. Hopefully, they can start working on a fix.

Thanks again!

Kind Regards,
Kraig

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 5 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.