Cloudflare causing 524 Error with Make.com Scenarios

Answer these questions to help the Community help you with Security questions.

What is the domain name?

Have you searched for an answer?
Yes, but unable to find a relevant answer.

When you tested your domain, what were the results?
It has nothing to do with the domain, I am using make com scenarios for automation, and Cloudflare causing a 524 error.

Describe the issue you are having:

I am using Make. com scenarios for automation it makes API requests to the site langandfulton site and then processes data further to neverbounce and then to G-sheet. Everything has been working till now in recent days am facing issues with scenarios running as they are showing 524 errors due to Cloudflare. I tested it out on Postman and it clearly shows the error is coming from Cloudflare which not letting scenarios work. So, I paused Cloudflare and ran the scenario again, and this time it worked. Now I have taken make. com IPs and then allowlisted these IPs from Cloudflare but again when I enabled Cloudflare same issue occurred.

Can anyone help me with this to sort out this issue or anything am doing wrong which leads to this error?

What error message or number are you receiving?
langandfulton | 524: A timeout occurred
The connection to the origin web server was made, but the origin web server timed out before responding. The likely cause is an overloaded background task, database or application, stressing the resources on your web server. To resolve this, please work with your hosting provider or web development team to free up resources for your database or overloaded application.

What steps have you taken to resolve the issue?

1. Paused Cloudflare ( Pausing Cloudflare sorted out the issue)
  2. Created Cloudflare Security->WAF Skip rule to allowlist Make . com IPs (not worked)
  3. Allowed IPs in Cloudflare Security->WAF->Tools (not worked)
    4- IPs are

Was the site working with SSL prior to adding it to Cloudflare?
Yes

Have you tried from another browser and/or incognito mode?
Yes, I already did.

Please attach a screenshot of the error:

Are these automations long running tasks? If they take longer than 100 seconds to run, Cloudflare will time out and return a 524 error…

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 15 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.