Cloudflare, can no longer access my wp-admin

I started the CloudFlare plan a week ago, trying to test it out before committing to a paid plan.

A few days ago, I could no longer access my wp-admin page. There were no changes to the website of note, and I have had my current set of plugins for at over 6 weeks. I only have 1 security plugin (Cerber) and neither it nor any other seems to have changed accessing wp-admin with a custom page or anything else.

Is there ANY way that one of my Cloudflare settings or rules could have changed or overridden the WP-ADMIN page? I have had 3 support sessions with my host, and they cannot find anything wrong…

If your site was fully functional with HTTPS before you added Cloudflare, it should continue to work as before.

What happens when you try wp-admin?

If you post the domain name, we can take a closer look.

MountainManJourneys.com/wp-admin

“I could no longer access my wp-admin page” - what exactly happens?

I would try pausing Cloudflare. If the problem persists it is caused by something else.

It’s interesting that /wp-admin/admin-ajax.php works, but wp-admin returns a 404. Check the server log for this error. It’s almost as if the index.php file isn’t there.

What happens if you go to /wp-login.php?

It gets me into WordPress and credentials get me in. But the wp-admin essentially show 404 not found, and that seems to be the mystery. Cloudflare is the only significant variable in the last 6 weeks.

You can certainly “Pause Cloudflare on Site” from the Overview page and remove the Cloudflare variable.

How do you pause CloudFlare? By pointing the nameservers back to my host?

On the Overview page under Advanced Actions.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed after 14 days. New replies are no longer allowed.