Cloudflare breaking Showcase IDX?

wordpress

Running Showcase IDX on a site (Wordpress), and a mapping function is broken (Grey map, no image or links). The IDX people tell me that it appears to be an issue with “outdated” Cloudflare. They did not clarify. Anyone else running into this issue?

I dont know what IDX is nor what they mean by outdated. Whats the URL?

It’s a real estate exchange which shows listings and maps: specific url: https://www.lawrencecollc.com/current-listings/
Note that the map is grey, should be populated with an area map and listing markers…

This from the service provider:
Tiffany So
Tiffany Soucy (Showcase IDX)

Oct 8, 12:12 PM EDT

Cloudflare is typically involved with the host. Your host might be using cloudflare that could be out of date.

If the host says that cloudflare is not out of date, have them check for minification. I don’t think minification is the issue here because there would be a different error but we can see from the dev console on the website that there is an issue with cloudflare so I would have them check regardless.
Kind Regards,

Tiffany Soucy
Customer Experience Representative

Showcase IDX
800-478-0181
[email protected]
showcaseidx.com

There is a rocket loader error message in the console. Try disabling it to check if that might fix the issue.

Turned off rocket loader, purged cache, loaded in new browser…still the same issue. Plugin provider noted a possible minification error…should I try turning off that as well?

Yes, try that too :slight_smile:

Are you sure rocket loader is off? Which cache did you purge? Cloudflare’s? For me rocket loader still loads.

Sorry! Disabled Railgun, not rocket loader. Now rocket loader is off…turned railgun back on.

That was the trick! Wonder what’s creating the conflict…thanks for your help and patients!

Maybe open a support ticket and forward the details, so they can look into it and possibly fix whatever broke it.

Sandro,
I think this is an issue with the plugin and how it passes data to the site - for now I’ve disabled javascript minify and seems to be stable. If I have time I’ll try and figure out how to exclude this plugin’s Java script from being impacted by minify…thanks!

Cant tell I am afraid. All I noticed was some character encoding error mentioned in the console and it being related to Rocket Loader.

Just for clarification, when I referred to support ticket I meant opening it with Cloudflare and them looking into what happenend.

@roblawrence @sandro just wanted to clarify the map is still grey even with Rocket Loader disabled, so Rocket Loader is not the cause of the issue here:

You can see errors in the JS console such as:

Uncaught (in promise) Error: Minified React error #32; visit http://facebook.github.io/react/docs/error-decoder.html?invariant=32&args[]=3 for the full message or use the non-minified dev environment for full errors and additional helpful warnings.
    at r (app-2213aaa647b6e8d0435a.js?ver=4.9.8:6)
    at s (app-2213aaa647b6e8d0435a.js?ver=4.9.8:11)
    at Object.c [as getNodeFromInstance] (app-2213aaa647b6e8d0435a.js?ver=4.9.8:11)
    at Object.didPutListener (app-2213aaa647b6e8d0435a.js?ver=4.9.8:41)
    at Object.putListener (app-2213aaa647b6e8d0435a.js?ver=4.9.8:11)
    at Object.a (app-2213aaa647b6e8d0435a.js?ver=4.9.8:41)
    at e.notifyAll (app-2213aaa647b6e8d0435a.js?ver=4.9.8:25)
    at r.close (app-2213aaa647b6e8d0435a.js?ver=4.9.8:41)
    at r.closeAll (app-2213aaa647b6e8d0435a.js?ver=4.9.8:11)
    at r.perform (app-2213aaa647b6e8d0435a.js?ver=4.9.8:11)

Cloudflare JS minification is not enabled either, so I don’t think any Cloudflare feature is causing this, so I’d recommend taking a look at your application’s code in this case.

closed #15

This topic was automatically closed after 14 days. New replies are no longer allowed.