Cloudflare blocking wordpress after php upgrade

Using a stock theme for wordpress known as divi, which has a “visual editor”, only working when I pause cloudflare which is being used as a cdn.

This following updates to wordpress 5.8.2, plugins and php. At first, I upgraded to php 8.0, then downgraded back down to 7.4 thinking this was the issue.

I’m not sure why this would be but despite looking for conflicting plugins within wordpress, the only thing I can do to get this to run is to pause cloudflare.

Is there a setting that I am missing causing this error?

Cloudflare probably isn’t “blocking”. If it was, you’d see evidence in the Firewall Events Log. A better place to look for evidence is in your browser’s Dev Tools (F12 in Chrome) under Console and Network.

It could be Rocket Loader, if you have that enabled under Speed → Optimization
You might also try Development Mode from the Overview page for your domain.

Thanks. AFter unchecking Rocket Loader as you suggested might be responsible the problem resolved. I dont follow why this would be something that became relevant with updates. do you know if this would be related to a specific update of wordpress or php, as I have had that setting for nearly 3 years without any problems.

Cheers.

This topic was automatically closed 3 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.