Cloudflare blocking my rest api request

Hello we are using Cloudflare dns and ssl for our web site but my api request doesnt work. i try another hosting without Cloudflare my api is working actually. how can i fix this? i try write some firewall rules but doesnt work

Greetings,

Thank you for asking.

I am sorry to hear you are experiencing an issue with your website.

May I ask have you tried looking for any blocked or challenged requests which may show under the Cloudflare dashboard → Firewall → Overview tab?

What kind of an error code do you get?
Can you share a sscreenshot of this error?

Maybe it could be due to Bot Fight Mode or Browser Integrity Check option being enabled under the Firewall → Settings tab.
What have you got selected for a Security Level option? (Medium should be fine)

Have you allowed and added you server IP to the Firewall → Tools → IP Access Rules just in case?

Before moving to Cloudflare, was your Website working over HTTPS connection?

May I ask what SSL option have you got selected under the SSL/TLS tab at Cloudflare dashboard for your domain ( Flexible, Full, Full Strict … )?

Hi,
thanks for answer but still i have problem,
My firewall overview looks like this.

i was select essentially off for security level but now i try medium but still doesn’t work.
Browser Integrity for this option i tried both.
i added my country ip under ip acces rules.

Yes.

Flexible for now.

Thank you for feedback.

From above screenshot, I see Service: Rate limiting → meaning you have got Rate Limiting option enabled and it passed it so the request is being blocked / stopped.

Kindly, this should be fixed.

Flexible SSL is really not recommended to use as there could be multiple issues caused by using it as follows at the below article like Mixed Content or Redirect Loops, etc.:

Here is a way to re-check if you correctly setup the SSL for your domain with Cloudflare:

In case you do not have an SSL certificate, you can use Cloudflare SSL, if so, kindly make sure you follow the instructions as follows on the below article to setup an SSL certificate using Cloudflare Origin CA Certificate:

Last but not least, kindly have a look here for more information regarding correct SSL settings at the SSL/TLS tab on Cloudflare dashboard:

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 15 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.