Cloudflare blocking my IP?

So far, I’m getting nothing from their support. Just standard responses, they keep insisting my IP was found in security/DDoS events and that I should check for malware. Aside from the fact that I’ve already done that twice just in case (not hard with only a phone and desktop computer using this connection), I’m not your average user. Given the work that I do and the data I have access to, I take my machine’s security very seriously.

Add to that, the captchas are completely broken on some sites. Some, not all. Particularly on CF’s own sites, they just go into an endless loop; and using Privacy Pass just makes matters worse, as it sends itself into a refresh loop.

Makes me question whether I should keep recommending them to my clients to be honest. I can’t even get a timeframe of when these events allegedly occurred out of them.

I bet that a massive DDoS attack occurred on Cloudflare servers overnight, and the attackers spoofed thousands of IP addresses resulting in people being blacklisted mistakenly.

Again, you havent looked into how Cloudflare works. I would suggest you do that.

And again, it really is off-topic in this thread.

2 Likes

Feel free to start a new thread. Discussions are always welcome.

But please stop off topic discussions in this thread. Everyone. Thanks.

1 Like

It does not leave that impression I am afraid. Cloudflare decrypts all traffic, so arguing they could decrypt it is relatively pointless. Whether they share that data with authorities is a different story and there are appropriate terms of service in place. Of course authorities could still have a gagging order in place but this is even more off-topic here than the initial subject itself.

1 Like

To all affected by a possibly false positive ‘ban’. Here are ssone things you should know about this issue and steps to get this probably solved:

:slight_smile: @domjh referred to that link earlier but that got lost in the shuffle of conspiracy theories and outrage :smile:

4 Likes

I keep getting the captcha/attention required page on seemingly any website that uses cloudflare (they do not usually require authentication, so it is not a standard security level of those websites, e.g. support.cloudflare.com). I have checked my pc for malware (none detected), and there is no information on honeypot for my specific IP (some from same network but years old). Also, when going to support.cloudflare.com, when I complete the captcha, nothing happens (with privacy pass extension turned on it continuously reloads the page). When using a VPN I can connect as normal, but I would like to have a real solution.
Ray ID: 4b0c45e2bf970a8a
Please let me know what could be the cause of this, I can’t think of any reason that my pc would be seen as dangerous. I’m just using up to date chrome browser, nothing notable, just a standard connection, but suddenly this is occurring.

You appear to have poster about the same issue at:

This thread explains why this happens and has links to a post explaining steps to resolve it.

If you mean this link that was posted:

That did not help in that thread nor does it help me. Most of those suggestions are not relevant (such as it can’t be the site’s security level, and honeypot indicates no recent malicious activity), and they are not complete fixes. I will try to get my IP changed (if necessary via ISP), but that shouldn’t be necessary and I would like to know the cause behind this, since my experience and that of others suggests a fault on CF’s part.

That thread explains why the blocks are in place. I doubt it is a CF error, it is due to the security configured on the websites.

Those are the steps that can be taken to remove a block and, if those don’t work, the new IP or waiting strategies are really the only options.

Yes, waiting is the only option I guess. But it would be nice to have some more information about why/how this happened.

As in that thread, these are websites I have visited many times before without a captcha, so it is definitely not a reconfiguration of the security, something else must have changed, namely how cloudfare treats my IP. Which end is responsible is the question, and while it does seem unlikely that CF would cause this, I cant think of any reason that my IP would suddenly be seen as malicious (as confirmed by Project Honeypot). I will check all devices on my network for malware.

You are likely to have a dynamic IP so it changes. It may be the previous network with that IP caused the issue.

Yep, same problem for me.
Have tried everything, and my ISP have static public IP.

Just need to wait. Don’t know why this happend? And why does so many get this issue at the same time? Cloudflare, please explain.

Topics merged to keep everyone ‘on track’.
It’s pointless to discuss this in multiple threads.

1 Like

Would that not show up on Honeypot?
Also the fact that multiple people have this problem might suggest something at CF is the issue.

I’m in discussion with the support team on this, suspect (as one person mentioned) a rash of attacks overnight that spoofed a lot of ip ranges…investigating the issue.

7 Likes

today i came onto my computer wasn’t able to access any websites with cloudflare, for one esea.net is blocked for me when i go to it this is what it says

Error 1020 Ray ID: 4b0dc3e8c9c2caa2 • 2019-03-01 20:08:51 UTC

Access denied

What happened?

This website is using a security service to protect itself from online attacks.

other websites when i go to them show

One more step

Please complete the security check to access www.faceit.com

Why do I have to complete a CAPTCHA?

Completing the CAPTCHA proves you are a human and gives you temporary access to the web property.

What can I do to prevent this in the future?

If you are on a personal connection, like at home, you can run an anti-virus scan on your device to make sure it is not infected with malware.

If you are at an office or shared network, you can ask the network administrator to run a scan across the network looking for misconfigured or infected devices.

Another way to prevent getting this page in the future is to use Privacy Pass. Check out the browser extension in the [Chrome Store]

pleaseeeeee help ive tried many things and have no idea how to fix this.

I have the same issue, starting from today, it is very annoying, hopefully to be resolved soon.

1 Like

same thing! today! i need it fixed !!!