Cloudflare blocking Gutenberg Editor Icons

The editing icons in my Gutenberg blocks editor have been missing for two weeks.

I was working with a developer from WPFixIt to troubleshoot the issue and they reported that the issue is 100% due to Cloudflare.

When I click anywhere in the text the toolbar appears above the block like usual, but the buttons within the toolbar do not appear. I can hover over them and the name will appear, for example, “Change block type or style”, but the buttons will not appear. Similarly, the “+” icon used to add a block between paragraphs is also not visible. The button itself is there and works if I click it, but the icons do not appear. imagWordpress%20issue

Hi @kennethdeneau,

Are you able to pause Cloudflare on the site and then check whether the issue still occurs going directly to your server?

You can pause Cloudflare from the Overview tab of the Cloudflare Dashboard, bottom right under Advanced Actions. After you click ‘pause’, it may be some time before your requests go directly to the server due to caching on your end.

If the issue persist after Cloudflare has been paused, it means that there is an issue with your origin, Cloudflare is only operating as your DNS provider while it is paused.

Thanks domjh. It was not Cloudflare, this post can be deleted.

Turned out to be due to an External Links Rewrite feature due to my HTTPS enforcing being enabled.

1 Like

Thanks for letting us know, @kennethdeneau - I will mark this as closed.