Cloudflare automatic mitigation of DDoS attacks isn't stopping the attack still forwards requests to my server

Cloudflare automatic mitigation of DDoS attacks isn’t stopping the attack and still puts my website on downtime, am I missing something?

Can it go automatically to “under attack mode” and come off of it once attack is over?

How many requests per second are you receiving?

No, because maybe your site just got super popular all of a sudden. You can script an API call to enable Under Attack Mode if your server suddenly comes under a heavy load.

https://api.cloudflare.com/#zone-settings-change-security-level-setting

1 Like

How many requests per second are you receiving?

Usually less, last night I had it at 100 rps, I was emailed saying it was automatically detected and mitigated but my users were still unable to access the website until the DDoS was over, so I don’t get how it calls itself “mitigated” but anyway, that’s why I wanted to know if it’s just me setting up something wrong or so

No, because maybe your site just got super popular all of a sudden

Makes sense, but still could’ve had an option for that to let me enable if I wish, with also having this as a note below

Is there anything else I could do about this? I probably get DDoS once a month or so, I see this email every time and none of the times it helps me prevent it automatically

That would be awesome if there was an option in Rate Limiting where if total traffic exceeds X number of requests in a period of time, then block or challenge all requests for X period of time.

Yea it’d be nice, but that’s not an option now, except manually doing it using the API. Is that my best option available? Or is there any other ways for me?

This topic was automatically closed 15 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.