Cloudflare Apps not working on my website?

have tried to install several of the very cool looking apps but none work on my website? am i doing something wrong or does the software i use (phpbb bulletin/discussion board) just not like the apps? would it be helpful if i supplied a link to my website?

Go ahead and post the link. Which apps are you trying?

i’ve done some googling on the subject and it seems that the nameservers at my host need to be replaced with cloudflare nameservers in order for cf apps to work, is that the case? if it is, i have changed the nameservers at my host…

https://gametimememories.com/

https://gametimememories.com/ is not going through Cloudflare.

The ‘www’ subdomain is, though. You should set up a redirect for the naked domain so it sends visitors to the www subdomain.

i’m very confused… if i ping the main domain i see cloudflare, if i ping the subdomain i don’t:

ping www.gametimememories.com

Pinging www.gametimememories.com.cdn.cloudflare.net [104.28.25.197] with 32 bytes of data:
Reply from 104.28.25.197: bytes=32 time=17ms TTL=55
Reply from 104.28.25.197: bytes=32 time=21ms TTL=55
Reply from 104.28.25.197: bytes=32 time=27ms TTL=55
Reply from 104.28.25.197: bytes=32 time=23ms TTL=55

ping www.ramsfansunited.gametimememories.com

Pinging gametimememories.com [146.66.67.104] with 32 bytes of data:
Reply from 146.66.67.104: bytes=32 time=69ms TTL=51
Reply from 146.66.67.104: bytes=32 time=65ms TTL=51
Reply from 146.66.67.104: bytes=32 time=67ms TTL=51
Reply from 146.66.67.104: bytes=32 time=69ms TTL=51

The top one goes to Cloudflare. The bottom one didn’t. The bottom one needs to redirect to the top one.

but the top one is my main domain tho, which i want to go to cloudflare, no? the bottom one is my subdomain, don’t really care what goes on with that.

https://gametimememories.com/ isn’t using Cloudflare. You can’t use Cloudflare Apps on a website that’s not going through Cloudflare.

this is what it looks like at my host, no good? if not, how do i change it?

It looks like you built your site to use the naked domain. Going to the ‘www’ subdomain is broken.

I don’t think your web host will let you run the naked domain through Cloudflare.

1. You need to get your site to work on www.gametimememories.com
  2. Once that’s working, you need to configure gametimememories.com to redirect to the www subdomain.

thanks for trying to help but this is above my pay grade, i’m really not following, i’ve copied my host on what you’ve written,hopefully they will be able to sort it out… that said, at the moment i’m not at all interested in the subdomain, i just want to get the main domain set up perfectly! thanks again.

well that was pretty simple, added a rewrite rule to the htacess file (shown below) and the apps now show… can you see if i have it set up right just in case, and let me know if he rewrite rule is fine or a bad idea? i found where i can change the actual domain name at my host, from mywebsite.dotcom to www.mywebsite.dotcom but there seems to some caveats involved in terms several other things this would effect.

This topic was automatically closed after 14 days. New replies are no longer allowed.