I have added my website to Cloudflare, the dns are in strict, but my website appears down,
Thank you for asking.
I am sorry you’re experiencing an issue while using Cloudflare for your domain name.
What Cloudflare plan are you using?
May I ask you to post and share your domain name in bracketed dot [.] notation here with us so we could double-check, troubleshoot and provide some feedback information regarding your issue?
What error do you see? Can you share a screenshot of it?
Before moving to Cloudflare, was your Website working over HTTPS connection?
Kindly, before doing anything at Cloudfalre settings, you could determine if you have a valid SSL certificate installed at the origin host/server by your web hosting provider or your own VPS/dedicated server following the steps from below:
- Use the “Pause Cloudflare on Site” option from the Overview tab for your domain at dash.cloudflare.com .
- The link is in the lower right corner of that page.
- Give it five minutes to take effect, then make sure site is working as expected with HTTPS.
- Check with your hosting provider / cPanel AutoSSL / ACME.sh / Certbot / Let’s Encrypt or some other and renew it accordingly.
- Only then should you un-pause Cloudflare and double-check your SSL/TLS setting to make sure it’s Full (Strict).
Furthermore, if you recently changed your domain nameservers, regular DNS propagation time usually takes up to 24-48 hours to complete. Might be your Website isn’t loading at your end due to the DNS cache at your local ISP → try with restarting your router.
May I ask have you tried using a different Web browser, or tried clearing your Web browser cache?
How about using a Private window (Incognito mode) or a VPN connection if possible?
Is it the same behaviour on your mobile phone (4G LTE, mobile data, cellular)?
May I ask, if you know if the DNSSEC was active and enabled for your domain name at your Domain Registrar before switching domain nameservers to the assigned Cloudflare nameservers of your Cloudflare account?
This topic was automatically closed 15 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.