I will monitor this thread to the best of my ability and any guidance or help is greatly appreciated.
So after a period, I am reaching out to the community. We had severe weather a few weeks ago and I shut my server down as usual but when I brought it back up all of my websites were down. I create A records in Cloudflare and Nginx for all my applications I access on other devices like Overseer, Portainer, and Nginx. These domains all worked with no issues prior to the shutdown and when bringing them back up they stopped working. I checked the server and nothing appeared to change when the system came back. Since coming back I have only gotten Cloudflare Error 522. I am having difficulty digesting and determining the issue and route cause. Initially, I thought it was an SSL authentication issue between Cloudflare and Nginx but again nothing there changed. Just a quick disclaimer, none of these sites are working. I had a total of 6 of them so I don’t believe it is as simple as a specific setting for a docker container.
- A record for
Nginx.example.comwith my local IP, this record is proxied.
- Force HTTPS enabled
- SSL/TLS encryption mode is set to Full (tried Full (strict) and it didn’t work either with any testing)
- API token for all zones created for Nginx SSL Cert.
- I do not have the pro-plan so I cannot simply input a ticket for help from Cloudflare.
- Source: domain created in Cloudflare.
- Destination: At this moment it is set to
- Side note, This is something I am on, I have watched many videos and am unable to determine which IP is used, I have watched some use their LAN or the systems’ IP, some use the IP used to connect locally, and a few other variations. This is the IP Nginx uses to connect to
- SSL Cert:
- I used a wildcard cert (
*.example.com) pointed this at Cloudflare and provided the API token from Cloudflare. I used the curl command to confirm this cert is valid and working.
- I used a wildcard cert (
Portainer: version 2.18.2
- At this moment using nginx image: jc21/nginx-proxy-manager:latest.
- Published ports 80:80, 81:81, 443:443 in a container and forwarded on ISP Router.
- I have tried numerous things, I started from scratch on the image, I tried defining my domain under the network section, and published ports, We have been trying the same with Overseer to try and get anything to work and even disabling all SSL to the best of our ability and trying to make an unsecured connection to the webpage has not worked, continues to give the 522 error.
- When researching and gathering information I noticed services like Overseer running on IP 10.0.0.208:Portnumber whereas Nginx is running on 127.0.0.1, I have not dictated the IPs for these containers, and in Portainer I do not have their part of a specified network right now.
- When going through the port forwarding setup on my ISP router I found that it reserved an IP and in my app, it shows my server IP as 10.0.0.208 but nowhere else does this show or reflect and the connected gig ethernet NIC has the IP of 192.168.x.x
- Ubuntu 22.04.2 LTS
- i3-9100F, AMD Radeon RX 560, 16GB RAM, RealTek Gig/Ethernet NIC, 40TB.