CLOUDFLARE and JIMDO

dns

Hello, I am the administrator of 3 domains created from scratch in Jimdo. I’m having a lot of trouble using Cloudflare. I have inserted the new nameservers in Jimdo (as shown in the image), but Cloudflare does not detect them… what can I do?

What do you mean by “not detect” them? Can you post the URL?

Hi Sandro, the URL is www.nadeco.es What I mean is “not detect” is that Cloudflare is not able to check if the DNS have been modified (in the image you see that has not detected yet). I’ve been waiting a week, but it hasn’t changed.

According to the whois, the nameservers are still set to ns1.jimdo.com and ns2.jimdo.com.

You may want to reach out to your provider and ask them why the change hasn’t been propagated.

That is because your nameservers are still set to Jimdo.

From your screenshot it would seem you set the MX records, not the NS ones.

I have spoken to Jimdo and I have been informed that it cannot be changed. If I want to change my nameserver, can they refuse?, and if so, I have to transfer my domain to another provider?

I have spoken to Jimdo and I have been informed that it cannot be changed.
If I want to change my nameserver, can they refuse?, and if so, I have to transfer my domain to another provider?

The domain appears to be registered with internetx.com. Did you register it or Jimdo? If it is under your control you can easily change the name servers at internetx, if not it might be trickier and you would first need to gain control. From what I could gather, it is possible to change registrars with .es domains, so if nothing else works you should be able to transfer it somewhere under your control.

Keep in mind, Jimdo might refuse any further hosting service in that case so there is a chance you might also need a new hoster.