Clear APO page cache every 8 hours with page rule?

Hi there,

I have a rather complicated setup running WP Rocket on Wordpress together with the CF Wordpress plugin. I really want to use APO but whilst the WP Rocket CF add-on does not purge the CF cache I have a disconnect.

The complication arises from rotating sidebar widgets (serving ads) that change positions every 8 hours and are displayed on all 3k posts (no matter how old). That change in position does not trigger an update event - it is just a plugin changing the position of the up to date widgets on page load.

I can set up WP Rocket to recreate its page cache every 8 hours and that works fine. The problem is that this doesn’t trigger CF to purge all caches so APO still serves the articles with the “old” widgets positions.

Is there a way to set a page rule so that APO automatically purges its caches every 8 hours and makes a roundtrip back to the server picking up the updated posts? The idea would be to bridge the broken link with automatic purge rules of 8 hours on both ends.

Thanks a lot for your help!

Greetings,

I would suggest you to try out Cloudflare APO for WordPress for a month and see the difference:

I remember there were topics about WP Rocket + Cloudflare, therefore I suggest you to look up at the below articles in that terms:

I think you can change this, at least for homepage and lower the TTL as far as I remember.

This topic was automatically closed 15 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.